Caribou Gear Tarp

Where Are All The Rabbits?

shrapnel

We took off yesterday with the side by side and a handful of guns. Lee, who is like a brother, and I are so crippled up, we can't hardly walk. Lee has been battling cancer and all the residue of cancer treatments and their negative effects to the body.

Me, I am waiting for 3 surgeries to get done to try and get back to some normality in my own life. One of the surgeries being a total knee, so my mobility was almost none. We were certainly a pair to draw to.

We have probably shot more cottontails than coyotes have killed over the years and this time of year is always our favorite hunting. Big game season is just a primer for the rest of the winter chasing cottontails.

I took a Beretta CX-4 Storm, A Colt SAA first generation in 44-40, A Whitney Kennedy SRC in 44-40, a Whitney Kennedy SRC in 45-60 and a Heckler and Koch P-7 M13.

Neither of us walked much at all. I was able to get at least one rabbit with each gun. It is hard to reconcile with the aging and conditions that contribute to your inability to be as mobile as you were just a few years ago...

100_0528.jpg

DSCN2317%20-%20Copy.jpg

Neither of us walked much at all. I was able to get at least one rabbit with each gun. It is hard to reconcile with the aging and conditions that contribute to your inability to be as mobile as you were just a few years ago.

It is a bitter pill to swallow. I'd love to get into cottontails like that. For some reason they just don't seem to boom over here. One of my favorite meals from my childhood.

Lots of hassenphfafer there! Well done!

A beagle would probably stroke out in a place like that.

Congrats on the bunnies, don't forget to wear latex gloves when butchering and check those livers for flecks indicating "rabbit fever"....nasty stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back