MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

When Is Being Tight Not Right

He’s providing the barn. Probably only fitting that you buy some rope and a few pulleys or haul them to the nearest processor and wait for the surprise of what you get back.

He’s providing the barn. Probably only fitting that you buy some rope and a few pulleys or haul them to the nearest processor and wait for the surprise of what you get back.
There is no internet story in this though.

I have one like this in the shop. Overkill for deer, but I wanted enough lift to pick up beef cattle when one goes down or breaks a leg. If multiple deer we lift them up then rope them off and move winch over to the next one. Never brought an elk home whole, but if I can lift and hang a 1000# steer carcass I think it’d work just fine. E8D9DFBB-3E1D-4301-9245-1AC49F39CB1A.jpeg

I have one like this in the shop. Overkill for deer, but I wanted enough lift to pick up beef cattle when one goes down or breaks a leg. If multiple deer we lift them up then rope them off and move winch over to the next one. Never brought an elk home whole, but if I can lift and hang a 1000# steer carcass I think it’d work just fine. View attachment 246736
A friend just gave me one of these a couple weeks ago. Pretty awesome gift IMO. I bought one for my dad probably 15 years ago

Struggling to get the top wire on only to pinch your finger or a piece of clothing makes a man outta ya. Or so my grandpa told me. The rest of the fence could be loose and saggy but the gates were always so tight Hulk Hogan couldn’t get the top wire on.
Pretty sure I still have a t shirt that a gate tore a small hole in the the shoulder of in 2006

Struggling to get the top wire on only to pinch your finger or a piece of clothing makes a man outta ya. Or so my grandpa told me. The rest of the fence could be loose and saggy but the gates were always so tight Hulk Hogan couldn’t get the top wire on.
"So let me get this straight, we need to fix fence today, because a good portion of it is sitting on the ground, and yet every single gate is rigged to play a redneck sonata"

Pretty sure I still have a t shirt that a gate tore a small hole in the the shoulder of in 2006
I always get myself walking away from those dang gates. I got multiple shirts with little holes on the bottom that got poked open by barbed wire.

I have one like this in the shop. Overkill for deer, but I wanted enough lift to pick up beef cattle when one goes down or breaks a leg. If multiple deer we lift them up then rope them off and move winch over to the next one. Never brought an elk home whole, but if I can lift and hang a 1000# steer carcass I think it’d work just fine. View attachment 246736
I have the same hoist in my garage, but mounted it to the studs below so I could get the most height without the hoist being above and lose that distance. Then I have a beam run the width of the ceiling with eye hooks so you can put a pulley on any eye hook and pull deer and elk right out of the back of the truck by yourself…

11E83115-32C2-4237-8265-D7F4403E3C32.jpeg

I absolutely need to get one of these for my FIL... he's the same breed @shrapnel 's buddy 🤦‍♂️

... and a 10 pack of these
View attachment 246751

I swear the day before we come over he drives around getting all the fences tighter than a piano so he can laugh at me struggling all weekend.
My fil is the same way and he notices everything. If the gates not closed exactly how he does he will probably say something.

We have a track and trolley system going in each direction from the hoist. I went to buy some more trolleys the other day and holy cow has the price went up on those.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back