When does your Season open up ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
Our regs come out in Sept.. But I think it';s around Oct 5th For Duck....

KABLAM !!!!

When does your Season open ?

The Feds will set the official dates in September, but they have already proposed a liberal season length. In other words, Pacific 107 days, Central 74 day season and Mississippi and Atlantic 60 days.

Most likely the season will open 9/27 in my neck of the woods. Guess I will have to dust off the shotgun and warm up on some sharptails in two weeks.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-17-2003 17:10: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

It looks like Oct.25, that's proposed, for the Texas south zone on ducks where I mostly hunt them, still 6/day despite duck population increases from surveys. It says its increases over northern droubt periods though, so its more like getting normal again for population estimates, I guess.

Our Canada goose limit in the west zone is cut down in the proposal this year, from 5 to 3.

Our early season opened today, but it has been raining hard all day, so I didn't get out. I was going to try some mourning doves, but not with the amount of rain that we received today.

The rest of the week is supposed to be in the mid 70s and sunny, so I'll be after 'em then. I wanna exercise this new shotgun.
biggrin.gif

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Guess I lied. Both Central and Pacific open 10/4. I think since I live in the Pacific and am only 10 miles from central, I should be allowed to limit in each flyway.
wink.gif

BTW, welcome Bowhunter57. Let us know how the season goes for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back