RealMuddyboots
Well-known member
If you are from cave painting era, you will have had similar experiences already discussed. I got stiffed so many times on expense sharing I had to develop system to insure sharing. When I go elk hunting its a long drive, lots of expenses that I require to be shared. No more just ignoring it. Started a process to manage these hunts that has eliminated most of the money issues. Usually three of us. So before anything is confirmed, we all agree to this trip money management. We all put $200 into gas money bag that I keep in center console. When it goes dry, we all pony up. Same with overnights. Eliminated holding hand out or on my ass.
Good hunting friend decided to invite someone I didn't know. We went thru the process months before trip. Seemed ok until it wasn't. He ran out of cash and said I will send you a check. He said he didn't trust ATM's.
That was 2017. If anyone here got it please PM me. Not huge amount $175, but enough to piss me off over principle. So no more tag alongs I don't know personally.
I hunted and fished locally with best friend. We went on salmon fishing trip and on way home (5 hr drive) we stopped for nice meal. One of those steak franchise places but still decent meal. Waitress comes with our 2 bills. He grabs both, I protest. He says my truck and boat took beating and least he could do outside of sharing expenses. When you have a friend like this, cherish every moment. He was my age and we just knew what each other needed when we hunted or fished. He passed 2 years ago from prostate cancer. I still miss him and it's now hard to go alone. He was like a brother.
Good hunting friend decided to invite someone I didn't know. We went thru the process months before trip. Seemed ok until it wasn't. He ran out of cash and said I will send you a check. He said he didn't trust ATM's.
I hunted and fished locally with best friend. We went on salmon fishing trip and on way home (5 hr drive) we stopped for nice meal. One of those steak franchise places but still decent meal. Waitress comes with our 2 bills. He grabs both, I protest. He says my truck and boat took beating and least he could do outside of sharing expenses. When you have a friend like this, cherish every moment. He was my age and we just knew what each other needed when we hunted or fished. He passed 2 years ago from prostate cancer. I still miss him and it's now hard to go alone. He was like a brother.