Caribou Gear

when coyotes are smart

D

Delw

Just curious to what tricks you have tried, on those hard to call in yotes? In one area that I like to hunt the coyotes get hunted alot and they are used to most calls.
I was told this by someone and use it, worked for me even though I thought it was stupid I had to try it.
Driving down a little 2 lane highway I hit the brakes to make the tires chirp(or even come to a fast stop), then smack the side of the door with your hand. if you go up a ways and pull over chances are a coyotes will come out to investigate.

Remember they are opportunist and will always think of a way for a free meal.
another way is to call off a road about 10-20 yards, to the smart coyote they might think a rabbit got smacked buy a car which happens alot.

there are alot of coyotes that hang close to road area's just for the road kills

Delw

Delw calling off road edges works well.. I have called alot of Coyotes off of I-80 in Nev. Just park at a rest area unload the 4wheeler and drive along the fence then when ya make a stand step thru the fence so it is between you and the road. Ya get some strange looks riding down the side of the road wearin a guillie suit though .LOL
As for call shy dogs in usally go to coyote vocals if none of my distress sounds work.

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

We have a friend here that enters all the coyote calling contests with an electronic caller. It is actually on a computor chip, with the sounds taken from live animals in a sound proof room. When the coyotes around here get so smart that all the other calls don't work, he seems to be able to get them to come to this. I guess the range of this particular call is around a mile, and he seems to have a great success with it. sheCat
We seem to get them with newborn calves running around the best. LOL

Im not familar with the call you speak of but there is alot of calls out there the Wildlife tech (oh no I may have started a war) is one of the top calls on the market it is natural sounds taken from the wilds digitally enhanced and I also believe the fox pro is done the same way. But regaurdless if it calls in DOGS then use it ...<smiles>

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Wolfer,
I think I am not sure but the call this guy has may be from the Wildlife tech. And yep as long as it gets them coming that is the main thing. sheCat

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back