Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What's your favorite rimfire scope?

Don’t do it. I had the 3-9x40 on a 22 for a while and it never felt quite right. I then swapped it for the 2-7x33 and it’s absolutely perfect.
Thanks for keeping me honest. My pet .22 wears a decrepit Bushnell 4x and I have wonderful things with that. Even the top end at 7x should like farting in silk for me.

I have the leupy 2x7-33 on one and 1x5-20 (I think that’s right, maybe 1x4). I really like the 1x5 for squirrels, especially when the leaves are still thick.

The discontinued Weaver RV7 I have is great up to maybe 75 yards. I have enjoyed mine, but I wish it had adjustable parallax or was focused for further distances. The scope it replaced was a shotgun scope adjusted for longer distance. I found the shotgun scope more useful as a deer rifle trainer. Most of my use is for headshooting sq. The Weaver has been very good for that.

Shotgun, muzzleloader and airgun scopes are also appropriate for rimfires. If you're going cheap, I suggest sticking to fixed 4x. The cheaper Chinese glass works fine for broad daylight use but the cheaper variable scopes are apt to wander.

I have this bookmarked for when my daughter asks for a scope for her Keystone 722: https://www.grubee.net/products/copy-of-4x-wolfpup-duplex-1

Putting a 3-9x on a 22 wouldn't work at all for me. But then that's just me! My 22RF rifle is a mod 62a Win and not set up for a scope. If it was, putting a 3-9x on it would be putting on a bigger scope than the rifle pretty much and we are talking about a cartridge used for rather short ranges. Down side of that is the target's are normally on the small side too! But I don't shoot my 22 RF's much anymore and my 22 mag wears a Weaver K4. what I don't like on them is those 22 scopes with the 3/4" tube. Never have seen one I liked!

Putting a 3-9x on a 22 wouldn't work at all for me. But then that's just me! My 22RF rifle is a mod 62a Win and not set up for a scope. If it was, putting a 3-9x on it would be putting on a bigger scope than the rifle pretty much and we are talking about a cartridge used for rather short ranges. Down side of that is the target's are normally on the small side too! But I don't shoot my 22 RF's much anymore and my 22 mag wears a Weaver K4. what I don't like on them is those 22 scopes with the 3/4" tube. Never have seen one I liked!
You said exactly why a bit more magnification isn’t always a bad thing. It’s not always about distance shot it’s about size of target. When I was growing up, I could peg sparrows from the barn loft on the feedlot fence, 52 steps apart. My hits were pretty regular with my favorite .22 and it’s 4x scope, my hits went up dramatically when I was doing the same thing with another .22 of mine wearing a 3-9x scope. But if I shot both rifles at paper from the 50 yard bench, my groups were basically the same size.

I dont own it, my mother in laws boyfriend has a BSA sweet 22 scope on his 22. It has a premarked elevation turret and is dead on. It's quite impressive. Sighted it in at 50, dead on at 100, goes out to around 150 yards, dials down to real close 10-20 yards. If I was going to buy another scope for a 22 it would be that. Good glass quality and I was impressed it worked as advertised.

My 22 wears a 3-9 loopy vx-2. Great glass and all but no turret or reticle. So I sighted it in for MPBR which with that rifle and ammo combo shooting around 1150 fps is sighted in at 54 yards it's a 1" mpbr to 62 yards. Which I figure a max of a 1/2" high or low out to 62 yards is perfect, still small enough for rodent control or head shots on skunks.

I had a 3X9 Leupold Compact with a wind plex reticle and CDS on my Tikka TX1. It worked great at first, but the constant dialing over the past few years started to have an effect. I usually shoot 50 rounds a weekend over the summer at spinner targets between 87 and 140 yards. This summer I noticed the adjustments weren’t as accurate so I bought a SWFA 6X. I just mounted the scope this week and was very happy with its first range session. I need to see how it holds up, but I was impressed with its performance so far.

My daughter's Browning SR22 is wearing a 4X Cricket scope.
Fairly robust, with surprisingly decent glass. And the mil dots make further targets easier.

My 22 WMR is a full sized Mossberg. So i put a Burris Fullfield E1 "Longrange " 4.5-14X42 on it.
Shooting out to 300 yards is easily doable, but forget seeing the bullet holes on paper at that distance!

Leupold 174179 VX-Freedom Rimfire Matte Black 2-7x 33mm 1" Tube Rimfire MOA Reticle. This is what I'd do. Message me if interested in a low price

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back