Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What's up with this forum?

Yukon Hunter

Anyone interested in this? I'm heading there (hopefully) in 2006, and would appreciate all available info.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-07-2003 20:18: Message edited by: Yukon Hunter ]</font>

Yukon, I would actually like to go. I'm haveing thoughts about it though. I have recently been contacted by an African outfit that is looking to work with us. There are others on this site as well that have helped us. Change the Show topics from last "X" days to all from the last year to view posts prior.

Share some details, Oscar - even if you have to send me an email. We're talking 2005, right?
biggrin.gif

California-
I had a look at the site you mentioned. I'm not sure- seems a bit fly-by-night to me, but I'll ask for some more info.
Moosie, let us in on the secret- who's trying to get an in on this BB from Africa?

Roll the dice if you like but be careful when you arrive at one of those "really good deals" and you find out the animals were released a week before you gotr there!

Go to my Website and contact my References listed on the site. There might actually be a cheaper hunt or two on the market but with me there is no gamble with your money.

If the only thing important is coming home with animals that were born on the African continent you can get lots of cheap hunts. However if you really want to hunt for indiginous wild born game in their natural habitat. You will not find a better operation.

www.huntingadventures.net

Cali and Yukon, I'm still not 100% sure on anything yet
confused.gif
I have always wanted to go to Africa. The adventure, the cost per animal can't be beat, the stories, the fun and the experience.

That being said, It's not Physically challenging. No offence to anyone but hunting Africa can be done from a truck or blind if need be. "SHEEP & GOATS" can't. I've thought long and hard about this after talking with a friend of mine that went to Africa several times when he was younger and now is older and never went sheep/goat hunting. He said he did it in the wrong order.

I'm almost thinking I need to Save the Pennies and do a sheep and goat hunt before heading to Africa. Right now I'm in Peak (Well... Kind of
wink.gif
) shape and feel like I could Survive the Mountains at this age...

Not saying anything for a Definite, But thats just me typing my thoughts as of the last few weeks/months.

Moosie-
Hey, I hear you. Africa is pretty much guaranteed to be easier than busting your hump up on Sheep Mountain.
My advantage is location- I can hunt Sheep (and goat, if I wanted to) every year, and I do- for a whopping $10.00 tag fee. As far as I'm concerned, even with all the awesome trophies available in Africa, there is NO better trophy in the world than a Dall Ram, unless it's Dall Ram grease on your napkin...
That said, reading Capstick when I was a lad lit a flame that won't be put out 'till I go to Africa.
JJ, send me some more info-
Cam Kirkpatrick,
137 Falcon Drive
Whitehorse, Y.T.
Y1A-6G7
And you MUST post hunt prices on your site. Otherwise, cheapskates like myself will be scared off.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-11-2003 16:26: Message edited by: Yukon Hunter ]</font>

Yukon, JJ has a Good reputation and we're talking to him about 2005. Like i said, I'm not out, Jsut "THINKING" right now
smile.gif

Sorry but there will not likely ever be prices on my site. I make personal arrangements with every single person I deal with. Everybody wants something different. This is not like buying a can of green beans or even a new car. This is a very personal business which requires a phone conversation or emails to set the hunt up. If I post prices they would have to be very high prices because I cannot have a guy come for a single animal and expect that to pay the bills for his ten day stay!

I put together package hunts with many species, and a dirt cheap daily fee. If a fellow wants only one animal then the daily fee will have to cover the stay. I have done hunts with the daily fee of 100-150 bucks a day when the trophy fee list is long.

As an example I have a fairly standard package of 5 animals for 4500 bucks Lets break this down so you can see what I'm talking about. (2X1)

Kudu 1100 bucks typical cost
impala 275 bucks typical cost
warthog 250 bucks typical cost
two of the following animals can be picked from this group: Gemsbok, wildebeast, zebra, hartebeast.
Average cost about 800 bucks each. Add the five animal trophy fees up 3325 in trophy fees and the total is 4500 bucks that means I'm charging you 1175.00 for the ten days daily fee. 117.50 per day. Most places will charge you more then that as a non-hunter! This includes every single thing you will need while with us. You would need to add Airfare, and the shipping of your trophies home. That's it!

This will likely be the last year for the 4500 dollar trip. The exchange rate is killing us. I am quite sure we will make this hunt 5000.00 in 2005. I have offered it at the 4500.00 price for the last 4 years without an increase and the 6:1 exchange rate is just killing our bottom line right now. I would make a deal in cash for these hunts because the American Dollars are worth more in RSA then Travellers checks and Visa. Both of which charge us a fee to accept them. I have 6 openings left in June and only 2 remain during the peak of the Kudu rut. If you ever wanted a big kudu Bull that's the 100% best time to hunt.

I have two places(could stretch to three or four for one group) for May 25 through June 4th. This is the killer time of year as the water is low, the leaves are falling, and much of the game is in the rut. I'm doing the Oregon Sports man show in Jan on the 15th. They will likely be gone by then.

Send me your phone number and I would be happy to talk to you. I prefer it. I'm a partner in this business and can answer any question you have on the spot. Let me know what you want and we will work out a plan personally to your needs.

Cali, YAh, But my dad was 60 and He got in shape to pack out a moose and Chase bou in AK. I know your Will power. I'd shape a Sheep camp with you anyday if you put your mind to it. (Not talking you outof Africa, And hell, I'd share a camp there with ya too !!! You saying that you're 20 years older, Does that mean you also Wish you would have gone on the Sheep hunt when you were younger ?

Yep, I sure do regret not doing it then. When I was your age, I was backpacking all the time up to 11 or 12,000 feet. (In fact, I taught wilderness skills and rock climbing for the Boy Scouts.) But I didn't have the money then for out of state tags, and a California hunt is a million to one shot in the draw.

I'm being challenged by some old buddies to go back up San Gorgonio one more time this summer - that's the highest mountain in So Cal, about 12,000 feet, I think. We used to climb it about 5 or 6 times each summer when we worked at the summer camp near there. I just might have to get into shape to do that. It will be tough, though. The pounds don't come off as easy when you get older.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back