Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What’s too cold to tent camp.

How do you guys keep your water liquid while out hiking during the day? I ran into some sub-zero weather unexpectedly during a CO Elk hunt in 2019. Slept with my water in my bag at night, but after a few hour hike I went to grab a drink from my Nalgene and instead found a solid block of ice...

How do you guys keep your water liquid while out hiking during the day? I ran into some sub-zero weather unexpectedly during a CO Elk hunt in 2019. Slept with my water in my bag at night, but after a few hour hike I went to grab a drink from my Nalgene and instead found a solid block of ice...

Honestly it's pretty tough at sub zero. You could try putting tow warmers around a bottle... when skiing in those temps I will use some smaller poland spring bottles and put them into internal jacket pockets.

I use one of the stupid looking OR water bottle jackets I got at a garage sale a while ago. Just enough to keep a liter or so in liquid at a time. Easy enough to re-thaw things via stove, if you leave yourself some liquid to work with. A wide mouth vs. small mouth bottle will buy you some additional usable drinking time too.

I have a friend who regularly skis and uses a bladder for hydration. He uses a nuun tablet and says his water no longer freezes....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back