Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

what's this one gonna score?

twodot

Spent the afternoon whith this bull and about 20 cows. No shots offered, nearest we got was about 200 yards. When they got up to move they went up the bare slope behind him and all we could do was watch. The good thing was, they never made us at all. I will be back in there before daylight and see if my luck changes. Was very cool to just be in the same area with him. Not a very good picture, but I had to shoot it offhand. twodot

Attachments

• IMG_8021.JPG
    IMG_8021.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 444
Very nice. I have no idea how to score elk but he is a wall hanger in my book.

I think he would gross about 335 and net around 320. Now go kill him and prove me right.

I think he'd gross high 320's.
I also thing he might be a really big bodied bull, which could make it tough to tell for sure.

Ended up spending the bulk of my morning watching him again. He sure likes staying on these bare hillsides. Hoping that some small bulls will cause them to move around a bit more and get into some timber where I think he ends up. I'd sure like to be able to give you all his actual measurements.
I will be waiting in the timbers edge for him again tomorrow.

the bull up at the top of the page appeared about 1 mile north of the house over the weekend. There is an alfalfa field along the river that becomes a real hot spot for all the local elk. Where we had been seeing him earlier, is 6 miles (crow fly) back in the breaks. He showed up, along with several hundred others at the big party along the river for the past couple of days. He wasn't there today but there were plenty that made him look kinda horn-challenged. We will see what happens this week, it looks today like they are breaking up into smaller groups again and getting out of this no-hunting zone back onto public ground. One of the better ones from yesterday.

Attachments

• mud face.jpg
    mud face.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 170

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back