Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's the coolest thing you've ever found, that you weren't looking for, while hunting?

Dougfirtree

I feel like I'm always taking photos of some cool thing I found while hunting, to show my family. It could be a cool boulder or waterfall, an old logging camp, an elk skull, etc. This Fall, in central Wyoming, I found this stone tool laying on the ground. On one side it looks like it was chipped yesterday, but how many people are out there flint knapping in the wilds of central Wyoming? There were blocks of chert(?), jasper (?) coming out of the ground there and lots of flakes.

What have you found? Post a picture if you can.

IMG_2827.jpg

I once found a range finder during smoke pole season that I had lost during archery and it still worked, does that count?

I love finding old buildings and homesteads, they're all over Saskatchewan. From time to time I'll find old wooden carriage, tools, etc. I once found an old homestead while hunting with my wife, we took a picture in front of it. A couple years later I was talking to an older fellow I work with about such finds so I showed him the picture and he said it was where his mother was born, he even confirmed the location on a map.

An original shooting house probably 70-100 years old. Interesting to see squirrels had been stashing acorns in there but unfortunately the pigs were raiding it.
0515670E-82FB-4FE7-A991-1F18B7C44327.jpeg

I’ve posted this frog before but the camo is to cool not to share
20C57331-E2CE-49DF-A1A4-3DF31D2C4394.jpeg

Last edited:
No idea how old this was, but was estimated at between 1000-800 years ago. South Africa near Mapungubwe National Park we found tons of pottery shards, tools etc from the same time period. Any place that looked like a good campsite was littered with stuff.

View attachment 134907
Looks like a board for playing that game where you put little rocks in the dimples... can't think of the name...

Found these beer bottles up on the side of the mountain in AZ. No trail anywhere near them.IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back