Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looks great!Had the in laws over for my FIL birthday today. Made some dove poppers from our hunt earlier in the year for the occasion.View attachment 418124View attachment 418125View attachment 418126View attachment 418127
Awesome. Take some pics once it's done. I've only tried to do one pastrami before. I over salted it and didn't love the flavor. Let us know your process if it comes out good!
No salt in the rub and I soaked it in water to draw some out overnight. Hopefully it turns out good!Awesome. Take some pics once it's done. I've only tried to do one pastrami before. I over salted it and didn't love the flavor. Let us know your process if it comes out good!
Not liking it already. Almost 6 hours at 250ish and it's only up to 158. I wrapped it a couple hours ago and hope it isn't going to be dry.No salt in the rub and I soaked it in water to draw some out overnight. Hopefully it turns out good!
It'll be alrightNot liking it already. Almost 6 hours at 250ish and it's only up to 158. I wrapped it a couple hours ago and hope it isn't going to be dry.
What temp do you need to hit?Not liking it already. Almost 6 hours at 250ish and it's only up to 158. I wrapped it a couple hours ago and hope it isn't going to be dry.
About 200. 162 now after 7 hours for a chunk of meat that was around 3 pounds.What temp do you need to hit?
When I’ve done venison pastrami, I’ve smoked to 145 and then steamed in the oven to final temp. The crust breaks down some but it’s kept the meat pretty moist.About 200. 162 now after 7 hours for a chunk of meat that was around 3 pounds.
What's your probe say room temp is?Decided to pull it off and be done trying. After 11 hours it was at 184. It had some give to it when I poked it in the paper and I'll let it rest covered and take a look later. Don't know what's going on. Hard to believe my probe is acting up. Won't be doing it again no matter what happens. I can make Reubens a lot easier!
Good test. I'll try it. Thanks. Too tired to have thought about it!What's your probe say room temp is?
Also try ice water. One part ice and one part water that has sat for a couple minutes and stirred right before you test the probe. Obviously should be right around 32-33Good test. I'll try it. Thanks. Too tired to have thought about it!
