What's on the smoker today?

Awesome. Take some pics once it's done. I've only tried to do one pastrami before. I over salted it and didn't love the flavor. Let us know your process if it comes out good!
No salt in the rub and I soaked it in water to draw some out overnight. Hopefully it turns out good!
 
No salt in the rub and I soaked it in water to draw some out overnight. Hopefully it turns out good!
Not liking it already. Almost 6 hours at 250ish and it's only up to 158. I wrapped it a couple hours ago and hope it isn't going to be dry.
 
Decided to pull it off and be done trying. After 11 hours it was at 184. It had some give to it when I poked it in the paper and I'll let it rest covered and take a look later. Don't know what's going on. Hard to believe my probe is acting up. Won't be doing it again no matter what happens. I can make Reubens a lot easier!
 
Decided to pull it off and be done trying. After 11 hours it was at 184. It had some give to it when I poked it in the paper and I'll let it rest covered and take a look later. Don't know what's going on. Hard to believe my probe is acting up. Won't be doing it again no matter what happens. I can make Reubens a lot easier!
What's your probe say room temp is?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,137
Messages
2,251,041
Members
39,099
Latest member
ebsarg
Back
Top