What's on the smoker today?

Gonna fire up the smoker here in a bit. Neighbor down the road (long time hunter) is dealing with prostrate cancer and not doing well. Going to take his family a smoked (elk) meatloaf dinner tonight as i doubt there are many more trips afield left. Damn sad thing.

Little update; smoked elk meatloaf, garlic sourcream mashed potatoes, sesame-bacon green beans, pan gravy, and a whole lotta prayers heading to the neighbors right now🙏🏻

384D0584-4D47-4ADB-9374-06C9C3F12C02.jpeg

50 years ago I spent my bday on a bus to gunnery school. 4 hrs to go a few miles up the coast.
Today I'm on HT and waiting for 4 hrs of smoke to do it's magic on an elk.
Life's nothing if not an adventure. Happy birthday hank. Ever make it to SE Oklahoma you'll have to drop by and we can smoke a nice tri tip my wife makes a mean pecan pie too.

Little update; smoked elk meatloaf, garlic sourcream mashed potatoes, sesame-bacon green beans, pan gravy, and a whole lotta prayers heading to the neighbors right now🙏🏻

A somber start to the new week, my friend Greg will now be supping from the Lord’s table. His three-year battle came to an end this morning. May you rest in peace and without pain big guy🙏🏻

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back