What's He Score?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 88".

That's the status quo guess when Eli, New Mexico and Pronghorns are all mentioned in a thread with the word score. ;)

You can do better than that Oak :D

Well, I came up with 88 4/8", but that just seemed too high. Not used to seeing them that size. :eek:

I guessed same as oak, but I'm notorious for overjudging. I'm guessing in NM, the head and ears are longer, he looks super heavy on the bottom. 14.75 total, then 6.75 on top, 6.5 prong and 16 length.

I guessed same as oak, but I'm notorious for overjudging. I'm guessing in NM, the head and ears are longer, he looks super heavy on the bottom. 14.75 total, then 6.75 on top, 6.5 prong and 16 length.

I gave him more mass, less prong. 15.25 bottom, 7 top, and 6 on the prongs. Went with 16 length as well. Maybe Eli will post up the real numbers...

We took the buck on this years (2010) NM Auction Tag with Kevin Brown. The hunter didn't actually hire us until after all the seasons were over in mid October so we didn't really get to scout at all for him.

90 1/8 SCI, 87 2/8 B&C.

Oak was pretty close to the actual numbers.

Here's the large side of the SCI score sheet:

L 16 1/8
P 6 2/8

B 7 4/8
1 7 6/8

2 4 6/8
3 3 1/8

Last edited:
I never would have guessed he has that kind of mass above the prong. Wow.

Bryce: Yep, that was a cool thing to see. I think you even got to see him alive, albeit running full speed (and maybe you hadn't picked out which one he was at the time.)

And since this is the "On Your Own Adventure" place it's also cool that I took that buck completely on my own (not even a buddy to do the gate opening!) Would have been nice to have a camera man with me to film it all though (although I'm sure I wouldn't have killed the buck with a camera man there.)

L 15 1/8
P 6 ----(this was all because of the mass behind the prong! The actual prong that jutted off the horn wasn't all that long)

B 7 3/8
F 8 5/8

S 5 4/8
T 3 7/8

92 0/8 SCI

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi