Whats happened to the 7MMWSM

Rooster52

What has happened to the 7WSM .No ammo on the shelves,no brass. The rifles on GUNBROKERS cannot hardly get a bid.
I own a Browning Abolt in 7mm WSM and 270 WSM , I shoot and hunt with the 270 WSM most of the time as I am more confident on it's accuracy,but that might just be me.

Looks like the 7MM WSM is a dieing caliber.

Based on what I have read elsewhere, you may be right. Some make it and some don't and it appears maybe that may be one that just fades away.

I've got enough ammo and brass to keep mine going for several years but I do shoot it less. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it though it's still my go to pack rifle.

My buddy works for browning and talked our friend out of the 7wsm and into the 270 wsm due to several suggestions by their engineers.

Take that for what you paid for it though.

FH

My 270wsm is awesome. Mine is in the Browning Abolt,accurate,no problems.I bought 5 boxes of Winchester ammo for the brass as brass is hard to find around me.I sold my 7mmwsm .Just to hard to find ammo.No one around me in Michigan has had 7mmwsm ammo in months.270wsm and 300wsm can be found.

Some calibers just don't take off for whatever reason. The consumer has spoken and declared the 270 and 300 WSM the winners.

I own a 300 WSM and really like it. Deer, elk, and antelope DO NOT like it. :)

I was thinking of picking up a Win mod 70 in 7mm wsm til l started looking around for brass, I was watching 2 bags of 50 new brass on gunbroker, that brass went for 287.00 WOW!!

Just cleaned and primed 127 Wichester cases last night. Time to fill them with powder and copper tonight.

Years ago when remington came out with the 7mm express remington it had less that spectacular sales for quite a while.
Once they changed the name to .280 remington the rest is history.

Interesting ,that is the first I heard that the 280 first was called the 280 before called 7MM Express.I knew it is now called the 280 Remington.My brother shoots one.

If one gets in a real tight spot, 7 WSM brass can be made from 300/325 WSM brass. Size down making a false shoulder then fireform. Sorta like forming brass for an Ackley Improved round.

Could be done with 270 as well, but would be tougher as you'd have to go above 7mm to form the false shoulder as the head to shoulder measurement is a bit longer on the 7 WSM.

I enjoyed my 7 WSM. It was quite accurate with Reloder 19. I gave it to my son in law when he moved to Texas. I did not seek to buy another as I already had a substantial collection of 280's by then.

My custom 280 AI is my favorite of the bunch.

Sold the gun three years ago, but, still have a box of Federal 150 grain soft point. Can I express mail it or does it have to go by truck? Would like for someone to get some use out of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back