Whats a good run ?

I'm going to go play ball again at the church From 9PM-11:30PM. L:Ast week was my first time back since I sprained my ankle. I had a Trainer wrap it. Tonight I'm jsut wearing a Tie brace. Hope it helps. Last week was fun though... Nothing like Church ball to have a Throw down fight :rolleyes: Some x highschool ball players need to let that Chizz go !!!!!

2 sprained ankles and a jamed finger..... I have the Jamed finger. 2 other guys have the twisted Ankles. One will be laid up for a while.... I think I'm giving that Dumb ass Teenage sport up. Thats BS !!!

I did my weekly run today, a little farther 11 miles, a lot slower (2hrs 10 min). It was all on snowshoes. I probably only was able to run about 10% of it.. but I trudged along without stopping much.

3/4 pan of brownies
10 minutes ab workout
30 minutes on the stair stepper
40 minute back workout
40 minutes on the stair stepper

3 miles today at 27 mins Last Monday I did 3 miles at 28 Mins. I didn't run in between, Although I did play Bball with the boys. This week no basketball, but more running. I might try to do a 5 miler, that would be huge for me.

I hear "Woopie" burns the same amount of Energy as Sprinting the 100 m race. I don't Sprint, but I'm looking foward to doing the Alternative :D :D

Ran 1.5 miles in 12:40 the other day in Boise on the greenbelt. Not bad I thought but definitely room for improvement. Hope to get it around 10 or lower.

My run this week wasn't nearly as good. It was on a sidewalk, downtown Salt Lake City, highly intoxicated. A a youthful Canadian farmkid/hunting guide bragged of his unhuman speed. We took off on a dead sprint, we were neck and neck and I tried hard to burn past him and kick some rocks in his eyes..POP.. right hamstring. Won't be running for a while. Total time, about 10 seconds. Not much of a workout, but soreness much worse than any 20 mile mountain race.

Sorry about the injury, but at least now the rest of the world knows you ain't some some freakoid android, cloned from selected animal parts and spliced together in some mountain hideaway in Montana. :D

We took off on a dead sprint, we were neck and neck and I tried hard to burn past him and kick some rocks in his eyes..POP.. right hamstring.

I can picture you two now.......

test2.jpg

Good for you Oscar....keep at it and challenge yourself. One of the fortunate things with my job is I have to qualify every 3 months.....and running is part of it. I run, on average, about 4-5 times a week. Depending on how energetic I feel, I will do 20-25 miles per week.

My last 1.5 mile qualifier was 8:50......Ater running longer distances throughout my regiment, I can push the mile-n-half and it makes it seem like nothing. Keep at it and you'll be flying by most by the time hunting season rolls around. :)

I'd like to keep at it... But I'm not sure running is for me... I need something else like... uhhhhhhh TV watching or something :D :D I did go 3.5 miles Sat. but I didn't get any other runnning in last week :(

Go to the gym and try a variety of cardio equipment to shake it up. Watch the hotties doing the same thing and if they aren't there, read a hunting rag and get on the stair stepper. Gotta run, have to get in 40 minutes before work this morning.

Made it a month-- running once a week! Have to invest in some glucosomine after running last night on pavement/sidewalks. Killed the knees.

Made it a month-- running once a week! Have to invest in some glucosomine after running last night on pavement/sidewalks. Killed the knees.

Does the glucosomine actually help much? The last time I ran outside my knees bugged me for 2 days.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back