what would you do?

idscout2

heres the secnerio, lets say that there are 4 springs in a prime elk hot spot.lets say the guys who put treestands up covering the only water source never take them down even after the season is closed , so they are the only ones who get theese spots year after year. would you just find somewhere else to hunt, even though its not fare to leave the stands up all year ?would you put yours in another tree covering the same water, or place the stands in trails leading to the water near the other stands.or lastly after the season is closed go back up and throw the stands off a dam cliff lol? |oo

or lastly after the season is closed go back up and throw the stands off a dam cliff

This would be my pick, actually if they are up after the season I would take them home with me.

This would be my pick, actually if they are up after the season I would take them home with me.

This makes you a thief,,,,leaving the stand up is not illegal,,,taking it is

Its agains the law here, you put it up you take it down the same day.

So where do you draw the line on 'trash' in the mountians? I know the FS doesn't like you leaving stuff on the mountian and will pack out anything they find. You think if they found a tree stand in the middle of the summer they would leave it be? Most of the FS guys I know would probalby leave it, but the other tree hugger half would pack it out. Do they make exceptions for tree stand trash? Would it be ok for me to pack in all kinds of camping stuff, like say a nice barrel tent stove, a bunch of chairs and a table and all kinds of other 'stuff' that could practically last forever out in the elements and leave it. I promiss I'll use it every year when I go back to camp.

Chit, maybe I'll just start storing all my 'stuff' and old junk cars on forest land too.

Trash is trash IMO, I don't care if its a treestand or your junk car. If you want to keep your treestand take it in and take it out with you when you're done.

Its agains the law here, you put it up you take it down the same day.

So where do you draw the line on 'trash' in the mountians? I know the FS doesn't like you leaving stuff on the mountian and will pack out anything they find. You think if they found a tree stand in the middle of the summer they would leave it be? Most of the FS guys I know would probalby leave it, but the other tree hugger half would pack it out. Do they make exceptions for tree stand trash? Would it be ok for me to pack in all kinds of camping stuff, like say a nice barrel tent stove, a bunch of chairs and a table and all kinds of other 'stuff' that could practically last forever out in the elements and leave it. I promiss I'll use it every year when I go back to camp.

Chit, maybe I'll just start storing all my 'stuff' and old junk cars on forest land too.

Trash is trash IMO, I don't care if its a treestand or your junk car. If you want to keep your treestand take it in and take it out with you when you're done.

Curious...is it a law in every state to remove your tree stand when you're finished?

The forest service here can take tre stands down if they see them up after the season. It is trash. Every waterhole in Arizona has a couple of tree stands on it by now so I just set up my blind in the dark and they come they need to figure out what to do cause I am hunting there. Can't reserve your private waterhole on public land.

I'd just get there extra early and sit in the treestand already there. If somebody asked me to get out, I'd take a crap on the seat, climb down and go for a swim in the water.

I shot a bear from somebodies ground blind in a national forest, it worked great. I made a few improvements before I left but should I have left a thank you note?

Was that the same ground blind that John/Gila Monster used? I sat in that blind, too - but it was a blind built of natural materials and I don't think anyone was or is going to claim ownership. I sure wish we could get back to that blind without the 20 mile trip required by RMEF's acquisition of the adjoining state land and closing off public access! We saw quite a few elk, a couple bears and some big mule deer in that area!

Yes, he used it, he told me to go there, but he's used about everyplace around there at one time or another, so I don't know if its the same one you are talking about.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back