Caribou Gear Tarp

What would you do? Flying neighbor.

Sorry I asked.

Good Luck & Good Hunting.
Dude, we're just funnin' 'ya! In all reality, you have no idea just how often they MAY fly. You may just be getting worked up over nothing. I couldn't imagine a take-off being very noticeable for longer than maybe 30 seconds or so? To your point though, I can understand having the peace and quiet being disturbed however a brief amount of time it may be. It's not like a dirt bike was tearing up a motocross track! I would think that by the time you even notice a plane taking off it will be fading away already. Good luck, crack a beer or pour a cocktail and relax. Life's hard when you're angry!

More with the name calling? Only helps to make what I said clearer. There's obviously a jerk living in your neighbourhood and it's not the guys with the plane.

You better be careful about messing with a couple of accomplished physicists. Intellectually they are clearly way out of your league.

There's lots of ways a new neighbor can make life miserable. Running a diesel truck all night because too lazy to plug it in on cold mornings (I gave the dork $20 to buy an extension cord and he got the message), yapping dogs tied up outside (total bullshit!), a wannabe heavy metal band with recording studio in garage down the street (I let the city take care of that problem), some asshat setting up a motocross track next door, etc. A plane buzzing around every couple of weeks (or months?) will make less cummulitive noise than your lawnmower. Moving cattle in the fall can also be extremely noisy. I listen to calves bawling all night for weeks at the transfer station outside of town where I RV it during hunting season. It's the sound of money in the community's pocket. And that community has been damn good to me. Sometimes keeps me up but I'm always glad to hear it. If I didn't hear it, I'd be worried. Your neighbors may be damn good to you too ... if you give them a chance. That airstrip could prove to be a godsend in an emergency.
It is kind of ironic that you’re gigging someone about name calling. You are the most self important, entitled, asshat on this forum.

Reminds me of all the Californians moving in around me. They buy 5 acres and immediately start posting every tree with no trespassing or hunting😂 I want to tell them nobody wants to hunt in there yard but don’t want to offend them because they think they have a “ranch” We live on 20 acres and I’m the asshat with the hounds. Neighbors behind me have 80 acres he is the asshat with the shooting range ha ha. Neighbors in front bought 10 acres and they are the asshats with the dirt bike track. Funny thing is we all get along great and everyone pretty much respects each other. My relatives manage a 20000 acre ranch and last time I was over hunting they were fighting with the neighbors that have adjoining 30000 acres. No matter how much land you buy if you’re an a-hole you’re just an a hole with more land and you will still be fighting with your neighbors. Relax and enjoy living in the country or get an RPG and just get it over with

I agree with the folks suggesting going over having a friendly chat with them. Although I would be disappointed too if their flying resulted in not being able to kill elk from my front porch anymore.

Hopefully it's not as bad in reality. I imagine they have other interests as well.

Maybe they would be nice enough to give you a "heads up" on their flight schedule so you know what/when to expect. Maybe they would send you a text or somehow let you know when your solitude will be interrupted. Seems that might help shield you from the randomness of getting buzzed by planes.

Regardless, don't let them take you out of your game and alter your thinking to the point where life isn't enjoyable. Definitely don't let it drive you to active conflict. Some have suggested taking actions to irritate the landowner or somehow strike out in return. IN my opinion, you don't want your life to boil down to some conflict where your goal is to irritate someone. We all have the ability to adjust our thinking to a better place. Many people in horrible and untenable conditions have adjusted their thinking to find peace. I had a roommate in College once..................,

The best thing about a county with no codes is having no codes.

The worst thing about a county with no codes is having no codes.

It's his property. And as long as he follows faa regs, there is not much you can do about it.
Exactly!
Everyone wants to live where no one can tell them what to do. Until their neighbor decides to be a pig farmer.
Sounds like shit luck.
I say get registered for that drone flight school before they begin construction on a landing strip. Then find a lawyer

Exactly!
Everyone wants to live where no one can tell them what to do. Until their neighbor decides to be a pig farmer.
Sounds like shit luck.
I say get registered for that drone flight school before they begin construction on a landing strip. Then find a lawyer
We had the pig farmer move in next door, couldn't keep his pigs in his lousy fencing and blamed the damage on our property to wild pigs. I told him that, myself and hunting buddies shoot wild hogs and the wild hogs in our fields concentrated next to his hog farms would likely soon be exterminated. We proceeded to kill lots of pigs, including one 1000 pound sow that appeared to be the prize breeder. All were killed in the creek on our ranch. The hog farm is history. He couldn't keep them on his 40 acres and didn't even have water during dry weather, thus he let them run into our creek, fouling water. At one point, he had about 200 pigs on 40 acres! It's clear he would have allowed hogs to overrun our ranch if we had not "shot" the wild pigs. He continued to say they were wild pigs, I suppose to avoid liability. They definitely weren't wild.

We had the pig farmer move in next door, couldn't keep his pigs in his lousy fencing and blamed the damage on our property to wild pigs. I told him that, myself and hunting buddies shoot wild hogs and the wild hogs in our fields concentrated next to his hog farms would likely soon be exterminated. We proceeded to kill lots of pigs, including one 1000 pound sow that appeared to be the prize breeder. All were killed in the creek on our ranch. The hog farm is history. He couldn't keep them on his 40 acres and didn't even have water during dry weather, thus he let them run into our creek, fouling water. At one point, he had about 200 pigs on 40 acres! It's clear he would have allowed hogs to overrun our ranch if we had not "shot" the wild pigs. He continued to say they were wild pigs, I suppose to avoid liability. They definitely weren't wild.
images.jpeg

Lemonade out of Lemon's!

Exactly!
Sounds like shit luck.
Mason Verger?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back