Caribou Gear

What were MT Legislative wins for wildlife

Rob,

Those legislators were targeted in 2014 without having an award from sportsmen. Opposition will exist regardless of what anyone does. As Winston Churchill once said: "You have enemies? Good. That means you stood for something, sometime in your life."

Those legislators all get that as do the groups who gave out those awards. Whether it's healthcare, dark money or conservation, the bad guys will always come after those who stand up for the light. AFP was run out of the state on a rail. American Lands Council is licking their wounds and the people who want to control every piece of your life are losing in Montana.

That deserves to be celebrated. I'm not going to sit back and worry about what others are saying about me and I can guarantee you these legislators & the groups aren't either. If those outside organizations want our public lands, our wildlife and our way of life, I say Molon Labe.

Come and take it.

Of course you don't care what they call you, but I am willing to bet the award will come up if the Koch Brothers try to oust any of those people in the primary, just like Tawney and your name came up in the Tester/Rehberg race. I just brought it up to highlight the dilemma faced by those groups who are criticized of never supporting republicans. Now those groups have a laundry list of Rs they supported to show next time they are accused, but at the same time they may have given more ammo to the bad guys whose ultimate goal is to eliminate these normal republicans in the primary. It is an interesting question, nothing more.

Your comments about Chaz convince me even more that he stuck his neck way out. I already respected Welborn and recently Cook, but didn't know about Connell so I appreciate the exposure. If these guys need help in the primaries let me know. During the main election may the best person win.

Rob, Connell beat a Tea Party dude to win the primary by 34 votes. He never got that vote.

The right wing tea bagger vote. It went to an outfitter he ran against.
So a very close race... I'll buy Ben a beer if it is close again and the BHA award isn't brought up. It is all the more reason why I think keeping the primaries open was in my opinion the huge win this year for democracy.

Connell is up in 2018, not 2016. They'll go after him for everything, including this. My post was not meant to intone that they won't attack people for doing the right thing, but that the attacks don't necessarily work.

Garner and Welborn give me hope that someday AFP (or whatever name it changes to) support will be a liability.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back