What to do with $3,600 Swarovski credit?

I was very fortunate to win the RMBS Swarovski raffle! The prize is a 10x42 EL Range or trade for something of equivalent or lesser value.

I have an old 10x42 EL that is the model just before they released the HD version. They have treated me very well. I also have a Leupold GR 15-30X50MM COMPACT spotting scope that I have yet to use.

I do not currently regularly use spotting scopes, but plan to in the future (3 plus years from now). I’m debating between going with a spotting scope or either the new 10x42 or 12x42 NL Pure binoculars.

My question to the optics experts out there: what should I do with an approximate $3,600 credit to Swarovski?
Don't know what you would do but I'd trade it in on a nice SxS shotgun! :)

Can you take the cash value? I'd rather have the money for a hunt than spend it on something for hunting that you really don't seem to need. :D

Congrats on winning!

When they are saying 4-6 weeks out on a drop shipment- is that accurate?

I hope to have them before September..
That is probably accurate. Some products, especially those in high demand, have been very hard to get for the last 6-9 months. For example, back in November the estimated shipping date for Z5 rifle scopes was mid-June.

That is probably accurate. Some products, especially those in high demand, have been very hard to get for the last 6-9 months. For example, back in November the estimated shipping date for Z5 rifle scopes was mid-June.
Thanks. do you think the 12x42 nls will be a good all-arounder, carried on chest as well as tripod use? Sending back the 15s and thinking of selling my 10x42els to just have the 12s going forward. I know a couple people that only use 15s, but there's no way i can do that. 10s have been great for me.

Thanks. do you think the 12x42 nls will be a good all-arounder, carried on chest as well as tripod use? Sending back the 15s and thinking of selling my 10x42els to just have the 12s going forward. I know a couple people that only use 15s, but there's no way i can do that. 10s have been great for me.
Depends how hard you are shivering when you‘re looking through them. If I were getting new ones right now I’d go 12x.

I have no personal experience to help answer that, but from what I've heard I think they are a good choice. I've been hesitant to go over 10x for chest carry due to FOV and steadiness concerns. It sounds like the NL alleviate the FOV issue.

Yeah I made the mistake of looking through some a couple weeks ago. Don't do it.

They are the brightest, crispest, crazy wild wide FOV things I've ever looked through. I suppose with that forehead pad, they will be steady handheld, but will see. I have a friend that uses a heavy old Zieiss 15X all the time, his only glasses. I suppose i'll be able to make due, could always swap them for 10s later if 12 is too much.

Yes.

Sold my 10x42 ELs to get the 12x42 NLs.

Sold my 10-15 Duovids after spending some time comparing out in the field.

12 NLs are all I need for everything west of the Mississippi.

Can you take the cash value? I'd rather have the money for a hunt than spend it on something for hunting that you really don't seem to need. :D

Congrats on winning!
@Bambistew, no cash value. I could sell them I suppose, but I don’t need the cash for another purpose right now so am going to take this opportunity to upgrade my main set of glass for all hunting. I will sell my 10x42 ELs eventually. I unfortunately decided to put the original packaging and neck strap in long term storage before this most recent move because why on earth would I need that while being stationed in Europe and expecting to keep the ELs for decades to come…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back