What to do with $3,600 Swarovski credit?

I was very fortunate to win the RMBS Swarovski raffle! The prize is a 10x42 EL Range or trade for something of equivalent or lesser value.

I have an old 10x42 EL that is the model just before they released the HD version. They have treated me very well. I also have a Leupold GR 15-30X50MM COMPACT spotting scope that I have yet to use.

I do not currently regularly use spotting scopes, but plan to in the future (3 plus years from now). I’m debating between going with a spotting scope or either the new 10x42 or 12x42 NL Pure binoculars.

My question to the optics experts out there: what should I do with an approximate $3,600 credit to Swarovski?
No advice but congrats!

That is probably accurate. Some products, especially those in high demand, have been very hard to get for the last 6-9 months. For example, back in November the estimated shipping date for Z5 rifle scopes was mid-June.
Z5’s ordered now are estimated to ship in May 2022. :oops:

How do you find the expected shipment date? Have yours shown up? I hate slumming with this shitty outdated 2nd rate glass.
As a dealer, when we order from Swarovski or inquire about availability they give us an expected shipment date. We don't maintain an inventory; we only drop ship. So his expected shipment date is what we got from Swarovski when we ordered his binoculars.

Anybody want to buy my 10x42 els? They are in cherry condition and not a mark on them. Make me an offer. They are truly sucky glass and I can’t wait to get rid of them..

@Mountain Man -- What's the steadiness report? I just ordered the 12X42 NL pures..
@Greenhorn, I think it would be more appropriate at this point for you to share your observations since you have put so many hours behind them while on your Sheep Odyssey (congratulations by the way).

I unfortunately did not get a chance to go hunting this year so do not have any real world use in the field to report on. I did test them out in a nearby area where I was glassing 500 yards freehand. I have the forehead rest and felt like I could hold them plenty steady for quick scanning of the area. Any extended glassing sessions would definitely benefit from tripod use, but I am very confident these 12s will work well to pull from the bino harness to quickly scan the surroundings while walking to a specific destination. I sold my 10x42 ELs before I could compare them side by side. Needless to say, I am all in on them being my primary optic in all situations while hunting out West.

Last edited:
I was very fortunate to win the RMBS Swarovski raffle! The prize is a 10x42 EL Range or trade for something of equivalent or lesser value.
Congrats, I'd look at the CL Companion NOMAD 10x30 best 3 grand I've ever spent getting rid of my Leupold BX5's now after using them for a while really great handling binos

Back