Caribou Gear Tarp

What pro hunting group or organisation?

fallfreak

I was just wondering what groups or organizations that fellow hunters have found that have enriched there hunting experiences? Whether it be the knowledge they gained, the friendships they made, or the differences made from being apart of such groups. We can gain a lot from this forum but what face to face groups or organizations have you been a part of that have been beneficial or rewarding for you?

You can do some searching on here, but the two that get my time and money:
RMEF and Boone and Crockett.

I am a member of many others, but really just to be a member.

RMEF.

Not only the leading voice for elk and the abundance of conservation, though one of the few conservation organizations that have opened /been directly involved with over a million public land and access to said land acres.

I’m currently a member of
The Montana Wildlife Federation.
Wild Sheep Foundation (life)
Goat Alliance
Hellgate Hunters and Anglers.
Arizona Desert Bighorn sheep Society.

Edit: I’m also a NRA life member but I probably wouldn’t sign up for that today considering all the internal BS and compromising on the mission that goes on there

Last edited:
Currently a member of Ducks Unlimited, RMEF, WSF, and RMGA. Was previously member of NRA. I let that go about 3 years ago when I smelled a rat. I was recently confirmed on that one. I am considering joining Gun Owners of America now.

I am currently a member of RMEF, Delta Waterfowl, MDF (not renewing), and Pheasants Forever. This is the year I plan to join BHA and maybe one other.

I am still a Life Member of the NRA but am far from proud of it anymore. I hold on to my membership since it’s already paid for, and I still am hopeful that voting for good directors will get some good, needed change.

I do need to renew my GOA. Also have USCCA membership.

So are these all organizations that you meet with yearly or just ones you back financially. I live in TN and want a group that I could have face to face interaction doing something beneficial for hunting.

So are these all organizations that you meet with yearly or just ones you back financially. I live in TN and want a group that I could have face to face interaction doing something beneficial for hunting.
Nearly all of the hunting related groups mentioned have "working groups" through their local or state level orgs that can get you hands on involved. Habitat projects, outreach projects, fund raising etc. On the state level you could also check with your DNR about local groups doing volunteer work in WMAs or similar places.

Nearly all of the hunting related groups mentioned have "working groups" through their local or state level orgs that can get you hands on involved. Habitat projects, outreach projects, fund raising etc. On the state level you could also check with your DNR about local groups doing volunteer work in WMAs or similar places.
Thanks sfc b. I will do some searches for some of the groups that interest me most.

DU has some fantastic events! Really enjoy their banquet gatherings, etc as @Boomerusaf mentioned.

Elk are repopulating Tennessee to the extent a recent approx $700k was raised by Tennessee hunters for an opportunity at 1 of 14 elk tags (15th raffled). RMEF was instrumental with the relocation process.
Here's a quick video:

Event banquets are always a great time to collectively join together and find the volunteer activities that further enhance conservation efforts, etc.
There are three still prepped to occur in TN.

Last edited:
These are the only that are getting my time and money and most align to my ideals and goals.
WSF
RMEF
TU
BHA
P&Y
NYSBA
NEWSF

Look into each group and see which ones most align with your interests. I've donated to these groups in the last couple years and have made a lot of friends from volunteers in organizations including,

Montana Wildlife Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Keep It Public
American Prairie Reserve
The Nature Conservancy
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers
Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance
Western Bear Foundation

Back