What pistol do you carry on hunts

.45LC Judge also. Only when I'm archery hunting and so far that's only bear and turkeys. If I'm sitting on the ground, calling and pretending I'm bear food, a pistol isn't the worst accessory to have. I figure a revolver is more reliable when it gets all dusty and full of nature. Sparkly clean weapons are always the goal but I'm also a realist. Our bears are little and generally not aggressive in Colorado though.

S&W 629pd w/ buffalo bore 255gr Keith loads...only carry it in heavy bear country though. People talk crap on it because it kicks a lot but I love the thing. Like what a lot of other have mentioned as well.

I have an old Taurus titanium 41 MAG super short barrel revolver. Used it a few times on archery and muzz hunts. Mostly to sleep with it at night in bear country but a few times I used it right down on the border for other reasons.

I’ve been known to carry Lightning on the left and Thunder on the right.

Then when you’re in the middle of a grip and grin and flexing you can say “looks like we’ve got a storm rolling in.”
Comment of the day goes to @Schaaf 😂 It could only be better if Garth Brooks “ The thunder rolls “ was playing in the background.

My sidearm of choice is extremely light and effective; one buddy carries a .454 Casull and the other a .500 S&W, I hide behind them! Actually, I carry a .357 with Buffalo Bore bear loads. We all carry bear spray.

If I'm hunting with a handgun its a 44mag, If I'm carrying which is only when I don't have a rifle in my hands then its a glock 20 in 10mm

In December I'll be packing a .22 revolver to Alaska. I have no plans on using it and won't even take ammo for it. I'll be packing it in its own hard lockable case together inside my large gear bag that contains my inflatable kayak to ensure that it makes the Ravn Air flight. Firearms Must Ride but all other bags can be bumped.

In December I'll be packing a .22 revolver to Alaska. I have no plans on using it and won't even take ammo for it. I'll be packing it in its own hard lockable case together inside my large gear bag that contains my inflatable kayak to ensure that it makes the Ravn Air flight. Firearms Must Ride but all other bags can be bumped.

Is that airline policy... certainly isn't a federal/state rule. My rifle wasn't loaded on AK air coming back from POW and I didn't get it for a couple of days, I know similar things have happened to a number of hunt talkers.

Always wondered how those did? You like it pretty good?
If you have any nostalgia for the single 6, it's a really cool pistol. I put aftermarket sights and got rid of the ugly orange grips. Multiple different ammo options 327 mag, 32 short, 32 mag, etc.
My pops carried a single 6 on his hip for 10 years in Alaska while working the trap line, so I have the nostalgia portion covered.
One day I would like to get a Henry to accompany the single 7.
I've also got a S&W 44 mag that he took a moose with, but its too nice to carry on the regular, these CO mountains would beat the crap out of any gun.

If you have any nostalgia for the single 6, it's a really cool pistol. I put aftermarket sights and got rid of the ugly orange grips. Multiple different ammo options 327 mag, 32 short, 32 mag, etc.
My pops carried a single 6 on his hip for 10 years in Alaska while working the trap line, so I have the nostalgia portion covered.
One day I would like to get a Henry to accompany the single 7.
I've also got a S&W 44 mag that he took a moose with, but its too nice to carry on the regular, these CO mountains would beat the crap out of any gun.
Cool! That’s a neat story. I always like the stories and the reasons behind people carrying certain guns.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back