Caribou Gear Tarp

What made you a great hunter? And other newbie questions.

1. nowhere near a great hunter, and good would be stretching the truth lol I think one thing that has lead me to success was failure I failed so many times before finally connecting on an animal.

2. I think the best hunt I ever went on was every hunt with my dad regardless if we harvested, saw an animal just spending the time with him was priceless. I carry an old 25-06 round with his ashes in it with me on every hunt so he's still there with me in a way.

3. I wish newer hunters realized that hunting is not about killing the biggest buck or bull on the mountain so they can pose for likes on the internet.

I’m sorry about your dad—what a cool tribute to always have him with you for every hunt! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Definitely not a great hunter but I do have a great love of hunting. And that above everything else is what allows me to be successful.

Everything that has been posted up so far is spot on but if you don't have the desire to hunt you won't. The most consistently successful people that I have had the please of knowing all had one thing in common, desire. If you want it you will do all of the little things that it takes to make it work out. If not you will find a way to talk your self out of going or staying the whole trip or pushing on to look over the next ridge or.......

Following the example of mountain man and vigilante, X Biedler, I sent my girlfriend to Roam (on the prairie), giving me more leisure time to focus on improving my bear hunting skills.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back