Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What kind of trekking poles are you using?

geetar

Looks like I have to buy a new set before fall. Did a 22 mile hike with my brother a few weeks ago and neither one of my $50 poles from Bass Pro Shops survived that trip. Apparently there was a weak plastic piece in them because both broke in identical location and hour apart. So what are you guys using? Looking to invest in a pair that will last a while this time.

Black Diamond Carbon Cork for me. There was just a thread on this a couple,of weeks ago...
Thanks I guess I missed this one.

Used to use Leki...lost them and stumbled across some in Costco that looked just like Leki so I bought a set. Haven't used them enough to have an opinion.

My preference is the poles with the camlock system not ones that you twist to tighten

Cascade Mountain Techs, cheapos but they've worked well. They put the money in the right places I guess. It's a recommended budget gear item by a couple of through hikers. I haven't babied them.

I use the heck out of cascade mountain trekking poles. Actually have two pairs, one is aluminum and the other is carbon. Both have cork handles and good locking mechanism. Neither have ever failed me and im sure I’ll be using them for years to come. They are not expensive, and like just about every other piece of gear discussed here that is reasonably priced, guys will say you absolutely need to buy the BMW version instead as all else is useless. In my experience, that is simply not so with trekking poles.

Not sure of the name, but the 2 pack from Costco has helped up good. Fyi I only use trekking poles for going down hill and I shuffle my feet so I don't put much pressure on my poles.

I like aluminum and cork grips, I’ve had good luck with the BD trail ergo cork.

Last edited:
Mine are Black Diamond Ergo Cork. They have been good for my use. The only issue I have found is the locks sometimes slip when I put full weight on a pole. Now I check the cam screws before a trip and tighten them if needed.

Life-Link ultralight Carbon. These used to be made in Jackson Hole, WY. While these are not the lightest on the market anymore, they were 15 years ago. Unfortunately the outdoor company Scott bought them and discontinued them. ☹️

Hopefully mine keep serving me, they are awesome.

I bought a set off of camofire that I've used locally in Va, but will put them to the test in Montana this September. They seem to be sturdy and get good reviews.

I have had really good luck with my Aluminum Lekis. Bought mine on Amazon for about $80. I contacted Leki about buying a replacement section, and they ended up just sending it for free....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back