Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What is your favorite upland game?

Mr UNIT :D, I met Terry Coydaw on a recent trip to Wenachee... He';s the Real deal.... Don't let him get started on the Drinking though.. HE gets ALL MUSHY ;) J/K

I have Inlaws in Poky still so I have a Place to Stay.. I also Have parents that HAve an EMPTY house in ....GEorgetown.... I have the Keys..... so we have a place to Stay... Let me know when Ya'll are going huntiong..... I will hook up with ya!!!!!

I have chased after a few ringnecks without the benefit of a dog. It sucks :mad: Quail are rare here as are the grouse.Still need a dog.Rabbits are plentiful but still I need a dog.So I go after squirrels (season opens Aug18) and mourning doves (Sept 1). These are family outings :D We have tons of fun.

I love to hunt chukar, quail and huns with my pointing dog. Pheasants are terrific, of course, but the numbers diminish every year and it's harder to get permission to hunt so, for me, pheasant hunting is almost a thing of the past.

the only pheasants i really like to hunt were the ones in japan. but here in the start I would say quail... mearns, scaled then the gambles quail. the best bird hunting for me would have to be ducks. I love duck hunting.

Delw

Here in Pa. I would say Ruffed Grouse, then Wood****. The Pheasant are stocked by the Pa. Game Commission and I don't really hunt them because I feel they are like shooting Chicken.

Well hi ever'body,
Just figured I'd get in on some of these posts and get around a bit. I really like to pheasant hunt, chukars are great too. And they sure do like the hills out here. Any of you tried calling 'em back to you after they run over the top of the hill? We went out one time and there was some other guys in the same place ad they would shoot 'em then call 'em back. I like the pheasants 'cause we've got some really nice dogs and it's hard to beat seein' a good dog runnin' full tilt through the cover and then slammin' on the brakes and whipping around with that tail straight up in the air and just set up like a statue. Hard to beat that.

Les Wynn

I just got into ducks in a more serious way. But when it comes to bird hunting, I just love to watch a good pair of pointers work a covey of wild quail. Not the cut wings they have on the plantation hunts.

I have never had the chance to hunt phesants, or grouse.
I am hoping to get to Mongolia on day and hunt the turkey sized bird called a capracallie. They are wonderful looking birds and even though they are large, I understand that they jump and fly as fast as a quail.

Absolutly without any doubt it's got tob Quail. Chalenging to hunt, good eating, and a real kick in the pants to watch.

For me it is Chukar. When you are hunting them you have to throw your hat and raise your shotgun at the same time. This is a real rush. Then would come pheasant, quail,and doves. Have gone duck and goose hunting with no luck YET. Will keep you posted.

Lady Hunter in AZ,
Have you tried Lee's Ferry for ducks or Lake Roosevelt for ducks and geese? Both of these are great later in the season (Dec.-Jan.). You'll need a boat and a dog REALLY helps (although not strictly necessary). I hunt both of these areas and have great success. I typically bag more ducks in a season than my buddies in Minnesota!

If this is news to you, drop me an email and I'll give you more details. Who knows...you might see my daughter and I out there!
Jim in AZ
P.S. Even though the ducks are great, my all time favorite bird hunt is pheasants in Iowa or South Dakota! Just love them ringnecks!

Thanks Jim
We will have to try it someday (The Greek) and I. Right now we are getting ready for the big game hunts. If you want you can either email me or the Greek. Again thanks for the tip. ;) ;)

Quail and a turkey once in a while. I like to go after band-tailed pigeon just before christmas. I have an annual shoot with all my bird hunting buddies. We have to have at least 7 or 8 people to make it fun. We set up sometimes a mile apart and keep the birds flying. Only drawback, limit is 2 birds.

Back