What is your favorite book?

Idaho Ron

My favorite book by a outdoor writer is, Boom Town by Jack O'Connor. I first read this book about 6 years ago. It is about a miner and his quest for riches and another mans woman. Another good one is Horse and Buggy West by Jack O'Connor. This one is about his growing up in AZ. Both are great reading, but good luck finding. Ron

I enjoy 'How to Hunt Giant Bucks' by Kurt Darner, 'Elk of North America', and P.O.Ackley's Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders. All excellent books.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Pat McManus. "They Shoot Canoes Don't They?" and anything else by Pat McManus. "The Year Long Day" by Ivar Ruud.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Elkheart by David Petersen, Although I don't agree with all of his views, I like the way he writes, I have read almost all of his books and enjoyed them all. He writes from a situation ethics point of view and makes you think about the reasons we hunt/

Terry-I love McManus too!!! I have spent most fo my reading time for the past few years on University Studies involving lions, and with livestock magazines. havent read a real book for several years. I used to like Zane Grey and Louis Lamour books but I have read them all, so newspapers, magazines and informative stuff is about all I read anymore. Oh and the forum stuff too!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

"Hell, I was there !" by Elmer Keith is a great read. A look into the life of a western hunter, shooter and gun nut back in the good old days.
As far as modern books, anything by Tom Clancy.

I"m pretty simple when it comes to books. Just like looking at pictures of big racks... so therefore Playboy is my favorite.

I am a big reader.Love McManus.But if you have not read "The Purification Ceremony."
Then I suggest you go out and buy it tomorrow.
It is a suspense thriller you will not be able to put down.A group of hunters go to a lodge in Canada for some Monster Whitetail hunting,and end up being the hunted.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Dean Koontz, "False Memory"; Ivan Doig, "Dancing At The Rascal Fair"; Jack O'Connor, Elmer Keith, John Jobson, and Ted Trueblood, Skeeter Skelton, and Brad Angier, for outdoor stories and gun stuff.

James Elroy, James Lee Burke, and Elmore Leonard for crime & punishment.

Edgar Allan Poe and Billy the Shake, for classics. And of course, others.

L.W.

I loved 'Hunter's Heart'. I think it was written by Daved Petersen also. Everyone needs to read Hemmingway!!! He was a man's man!!!!

One of my favorit books is Beatty's Cabin, by Elliott S. Barker. This book talks about some of his many expirences in the Pecos Wilderness.

------------------

"A Sand County Almanac" by Aldo Leopold. I wish this book was required reading for all high school kids.

I agree with you Elmo (I forgot that one)!! That book probably has done more good for hunting and conservation than any other book ever published!!

Hi guys, does this have to be a hunting book? If you have a good sense of humor, I would have to say that "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shell Silverstein is a wonderful book. It's just a whole bunch of silly, make-you-laugh poetry that is probably meant for children so naturally appeals to the kid in me! Well worth a read in my childish opinion (VBG)

I've always been a big fan of Jack Oconner.
My favorite all time hunting book is "Hunting
big game in North America". I often refer to
it when I have questions. I even adopted his
favorite caliber, the 270.
cool.gif

------------------
owl.jpg

Back