What is the hold up on MT drawing?

Sytes

I have bumped heads over the years on this question... Anyone have an inside line on why MT drawings take soooo darn long? Hell, it closed June 1st. The total quotas were already detailed when selecting, If MTFWP did not get a post dated letter by now - consider it lost.

Planning for hunts, vacation setup, friends flying in or family planning for school etc...

I have heard, Budget bouncing... For what? Data entry of mail? Is the mail simply sitting in boxes secured for 3 months until budget opens to hire data entry people? I would think tons are entered online...

I am being shipped off to the southern area for a couple months here and would like to get vacation setup as it simply complicates vacation prep from outside my base location. - That is my problem... though one I am sure is shared by others.

Though, any good info on why the results are released as late as they are? It would help to have an understanding versus shooting in the dark and hearing the ramblings of others on this subject?

Not a good reason, but it goes something like this last time I made an official inquiry to the department.

Supposedly due to the timing of when the biologists accumulate data from the spring/summer counts for purposes of changing the preliminary quotas (which very seldom happens). Then having a FWP commission meeting to approve final quotas.

And now this part that was not provided by the department - Then sit on the final quotas for a couple weeks prior to finalizing the draw. And then sit on the draw results for a week or two before announcing.

After all that, archery antelope tags get mailed the week that archery antelope season opens. Bad enough for residents to have that delay, but imagine the chaos it creates for a non-resident.

After all that, archery antelope tags get mailed the week that archery antelope season opens. Bad enough for residents to have that delay, but imagine the chaos it creates for a non-resident.

This is my friend's pet peeve when discussing the drawing time frame.

Smithy, Suppose that can make or break a b-day... :) Now see? If my wife had a B-day such as you - I would NEVER fear getting in trouble.. HAHA!

Pronghorn haven't even been flown yet.

I hope to hunt SD again this year, but app deadlines aren't for another two weeks.

Heck my app for antelope isn't even posting in my ALS number yet. I mailed my app and watched the post office post mark it before the deadline and it hasn't been entered yet. I called MTF&G yesterday and they said it would be the end of this week before they got all the paper apps even entered. So that is at least part of the hold up right now, all the apps aren't even in the computer yet..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back