Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What is it and how do i get rid of it?

The weeds I spray here in So Wy die, then get eaten by the local deer population. Strange that they wait until they are dead.

Spray worked lots of dead and dieing plants. Do I have to now pull them or can I just mow them really low and let the rest rot?

Thanks to above I took a plant to county weed control. It's Russian thistle. They sent me to MTR and I will be getting a gallon of glystar later this week.

Thanks everyone. Never would have k ow to look up county weed control without this thread
Gly wont touch that around here.

Spray worked lots of dead and dieing plants. Do I have to now pull them or can I just mow them really low and let the rest rot?
Mow low and get desirable vegetation established, the Russian Thistle will only persist in bare soil, if you can establish perennial vegetation it will out compete the thistle and eventually it will drop out.

As a county weed officer it still amazes me that many people do not know we exist i try to get our name out there. Unsure how their programs out their work vs here but we run cost share for residents who get herbicides 80% off. Once you get grass established i would recommend a 2-4d/dicamba product. E-2 is a great universal broadleaf killer. 3-5 pints per acre all depending on what you want to control and what time of year. One caution with 2-4D and dicamba is you need to watch the heat. over 85 degrees you run the risk of it volatilizing and moving away from where you sprayed it. We always run a surfactant with all our tank mixtures. We use a product called Liberate but most MSO will work well. Liberate helps the herbicide stick to the plant and also penetrate it.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back