What is in your truck kit?

Fence pliers & dog jerky. Water. I do have a 1st aide kit.
Former EMT-II who learned that if I don't get help or get to help quick out here, there will be no there.
Or do it myself. I even drove to meet the ambulance & helo once...

Does anyone keep a sleeping bag floating around in the winter? I was stuck one night in the middle of nowhere in SW Montana and it got down to -10 degrees. It was one heck of a cold night with all my clothes on and a bag that wasn’t rated low enough. Finally got towed out the next day after the storm passed.

My tool box is pretty loaded, but I don't leave that in the truck.

3 mini bottles of Buffalo Trace. 2 lighters, Leatherman, ibuprofen, tenacious tape, flashlight, spare battery for the stupid ram keyfob abortion

I carry a good first aid kit, tire plug kit, small 12V compressor, pressure gauge, tow strap, shackles, tire chains and if I am on some good backcountry dirt roads maybe a 6 pack in a cooler in the backseat.....

Does anyone keep a sleeping bag floating around in the winter? I was stuck one night in the middle of nowhere in SW Montana and it got down to -10 degrees. It was one heck of a cold night with all my clothes on and a bag that wasn’t rated low enough. Finally got towed out the next day after the storm passed.
A couple sets of chains would have kept you warmer.

24264E41-B1D3-429F-893A-CD65B32750FC.jpeg

A couple sets of chains would have kept you warmer.

View attachment 216306
I wish - the heating/ coolant hose blew apart going up a steep hill. Lost a bunch of fluid and didn’t have parts to repair the old hose on me. I could have walked out but it was late in the day so car camping it was.

Way too much stuff, but it all fits under the back seat....

Construction site PPE
small tool kit from wal-mart
multitool
battery powered work lamp
flashlight
headlight
small pry bar
folding shovel
fencing pliers
assorted bottles of water and gatorade
substantial first aid kit (recently used haha)
lighter
tire plug kit
cigarette lighter powered air compressor
tire pressure gauge
jumper cables
WD-40
road flares
zip ties
contractor trash bag
a few walmart sacks
wet wipes
sunscreen
off spray
p-cord
small diameter nylon rope
towel
old rain jacket
old binoculars in case I see the big one on the side of the road haha!

Last edited:
I wish - the heating/ coolant hose blew apart going up a steep hill. Lost a bunch of fluid and didn’t have parts to repair the old hose on me. I could have walked out but it was late in the day so car camping it was.
That really sucks. You can’t plan enough for something like that. But just putting the chains on would warm you up some, I never do it that I don’t get hot under the collar.

I have a tool bag in the truck full of whatever. I don't even remember all that's in there, and a couple bottles of random fluids that I might need (brake fluid, power steering, coolant). Oh and a big ass tow strap.

Don't be that guy that doesn't have a tow strap for your big truck.

I have a shovel, blanket, tire plug kit, jump starter and jumper cables, tire wrench, ratchet straps, tow strap, traction boards, axe and a pack saw. Some flashlights as well. Also have a general first aid kit with glow sticks and emergency water. Need to add some water and dehydrated meals.

Duct tape still can't replace the baling wire for tying up a muffler though. :)
I actually was able to tie my return fuel line back on to fuel tank in my Duramax with bailing wire , I made it from elk camp in Colorado to home in Western NC . The service manager at Chevrolet asked me if I needed a job lol .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back