Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What is in your truck kit?

220yotekiller

What is in your truck first aid kit? Growing up pretty much all we carried was over the counter pain killers and ether duck tape or electrical tape, we have taken care of some pretty gnarly cuts and scrapes with this stuff but espectially since my wife and I always have our 3 boys with us we need to beef it up a little.

I have a full MFR kit minus oxigen and accessories. In terms of meds in there I only carry Tylenol, ASA and Narcan. Pretty much anything I need for myself or until an ambulance shows up. I also have a bunch of other "survival" stuff which are mostly for myself whenever I go on long trips.

I have a Ready Dog First Aid kit that stays in the truck. My veterinarian has augmented it with some extras. Everything in it except a couple of canine specific meds can be used on people.
There's an assortment of zip ties, in the truck which can be used for any number of things. Santa is bringing me a few CAT tourniquets, one of which will go in the Ready Dog Kit.

I don't keep a kit in my truck. The heat in the summer here destroys everything in it pretty fast. I do have a standard travel kit that goes with me when I travel though. I've added quit clot, duct tape and zip ties. I also carry 6 or 7 bottles of water.

What is in your truck first aid kit? Growing up pretty much all we carried was over the counter pain killers and ether duck tape or electrical tape, we have taken care of some pretty gnarly cuts and scrapes with this stuff but espectially since my wife and I always have our 3 boys with us we need to beef it up a
What is in your truck first aid kit? Growing up pretty much all we carried was over the counter pain killers and ether duck tape or electrical tape, we have taken care of some pretty gnarly cuts and scrapes with this stuff but espectially since my wife and I always have our 3 boys with us we need to beef it up a little.
Definitely tourniquet, Coban, latex gloves, face shield for CPR, gauze, Benadryl, Imodium, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Sam Splint, iodine, and space blanket would be nice editions also.

Ehh maybe some jumper cables as long as I remembered to throw them back in. I’ve still got some licorice in the center console too.
Haha got those already along with assorted rope, ratchet straps, tire chains, shovels, fire extinguisher, ect.

Where i grew up the old ranchers all seemed to keep in their truck glove compartment some bailing wire, a can of sardines, some Saltine crackers and a bottle of Four Roses bourbon. Once Duct Tape came along it replaced the bailing wire.

My rig has full compliment of hand tools. (Montezuma tool box) fuses, light bulbs(for truck) assorted spare parts jumper cables. Highlift jack ,bottle jack, gallon of water, assorted fluids for truck. After that full blowout kit ie. Trauma kit. Wool blanket. When hunting, I keep 2 days of pack food in the truck spare box of hunting rounds, full change of clothes . Oh built in 12v air compressor on rig.

I live in the boonies so the closest store is still a long drive. I keep my get home bag, a FAK with a CAT, battery pack jumper (instead of cables because there's not always another vehicle), small tool kit, tire repair kit, leather gloves, and a tow strap. I always have a shaker bottle of water on me so I have that as well (GHB has a water filter in it if I need more).

Pretty much everything in a combat medic kit minus the morphine and stretcher. Plenty of tools to fix anything tool. I opt for 3m electrical tape before duck take. Doesn't hurt as much taking off you or your dog.

Back