Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

what if? for draws..

the nikster

Under the new draw system,
Can my son put in for 8 years for elk and not get drawn and...
My daughter put in for 8 years for deer and not get drawn and...
I get drawn regularly but not recently....
Then next year we all apply as a group, do the collective WE have 67 (or so)chances in the draws?

I feel bad for my son. He turned 18 this year and has never drawn an elk tag in the area I grew up hunting. Some years he kinda fought me on the app process but he always put in.
We have gone spike hunting in the area and he is always amazed by OUR ability to see large bulls(it's really quite simple on the Sunday Montana opens).
The draw system should favor him getting a permit some day but I still like the old way where every year we all have the same chances.

There is absolutely a chance that going to the point system won't improve your chances, espcially in the short term. There are lots and lots of hunts in Idaho that under a point system your draw odds will get much worse for a few years before they ever get back to where they are currently. Expect the number of people applying for controlled hunts to increase with a point system.

I think with the group apps it would be an average of the groups points, so if your son has 8 points and you have zero, you'd have like 17 chances in the draw.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back