Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What Have You Owned for 50 Years Or More?

I have a few remnants of the Lionel train set my brothers and I got for Christmas in 1969 or so. With 3 boys, it was WELL used and only a few of the cars survived. I put them out on a circle track around the tree with a newer locomotive every Christmas.

Certainly the comment was made in jest, as I never really raced that car in all the decades I have owned it. I never could use anything I own hard enough to break it or wear it out. I think many of us will agree that the muscle cars of the 60's were some of the most handsome cars to ever grace asphalt.

They won't keep up with the super cars of today, but who can deny the beauty of the design and function of those old cars. Mine is a tri-power car with no power options. It really looks good on the street or show, but I still have to keep cardboard under the engine for oil drips...

View attachment 169489
My buddy has a 60something Goat in original "Mayfair Maize" yellow with black vinyl top. It is under a tarp in his barn with some fender rash and a broken timing chain.
It was featured in the film, "Benny and Joon"

Ann no other thing I got with 4-H money about 1970. I just put new filler and line on it.
It didn't come with a flanged spool. I picked up a couple on sale years later

2A7663E6-FDA3-48C7-9145-53135BE9CF1B.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back