What Have You Owned for 50 Years Or More?

shrapnel

2021 makes a 50 year landmark in more than one way. I was a junior in high school when I bought this car. My wife and I dated for 3 years in this car, when we got married, we drove it every day. Today it only comes out in nice weather and for an occasional car show...

121_3140.jpgGTO1972.jpg

Only thing I got that I had for 50 years is my old hunting knife. Bought a genuine buck knife. It is razor sharp but I am reluctant to use it now because it has worn the edge down too much the shape is not right now so I leave it in the gun case for show and tell. I got it when I was 13 as a Christmas present and I am approaching 65 fast now.

I received a Normark hunting knife for Christmas when I was about 13 and 52 years later I still have and use it. When I was in high school I lost it while hunting along the James River. But even then, I knew the area so well that I remembered which rock I was sat down on & went back and found it the next day. My wife has me beat as she still has her first grade report cards.

Mom gave me this lion 51 years ago. I was in the hospital with a blood infection and missed camp. Our favorite dog ate his face off about 10 years ago. Wife secretly saved everything left over, and last year my wife, mom, and mother in law conspired to rebuild him and surprised me with him at Sunday dinner. Have to admit I shed real tears when I realized it was my old lion sitting on the table. His new face means even more than the original.
20180826_200344.jpg

Mom gave me this lion 51 years ago. I was in the hospital with a blood infection and missed camp. Our favorite dog ate his face off about 10 years ago. Wife secretly saved everything left over, and last year my wife, mom, and mother in law conspired to rebuild him and surprised me with him at Sunday dinner. Have to admit I shed real tears when I realized it was my old lion sitting on the table. His new face means even more than the original.
View attachment 169372
I still have my crotcheded...lol, Mr. Bunnie my aunt Martha made for me when I was born........jeez I forgot all about him.He is in my nightstand still.

I have the bill for my first hospital stay. I’m pretty sure my dad would have jokingly said he was overcharged by a factor of 2.

My Dad gave me this Queen steel fixed blade when I started hunting and my Pop gave me his Stevens side by side. 20210109_200110.jpg

My Winchester 1890 in .22 long. I got it in 1968. I bought it from a biker buddy who needed some cash...for the princely sum of $15.00

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back