Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What happens when you die?

We have tons of European mounts of deer, elk, caribou, and antelope. Our kids are here now, and they will incorporate them into their decorating scheme. He's a redneck ice fisherman from MN so I trust him.

Purging some of the garage shit tomorrow. Some of the cut off antlers cost me a ton of money (for me) - a NM and WY bull. A few others ridiculous work - rifle & archery bulls from the gallatin that beat me down. I don’t have room and they aren’t going in my house, so $17/lb sounds okay..
View attachment 216527
Surprised the antler buyer wouldn’t want to keep the nice euros in tact.

I kept just a single mule deer euro mount from my grandfathers collection. The rest is being donated to a local youth summer camp that's starting a "Wildlife Museum". They get a lot of city kids through there who haven't seen many wild animals outside of squirrels, pigeons, and raccoons.

@Kaitum threw this in my yard on his way out of the Bitterroot. I hung it in my dad's garage while he was on vacation to see how long it would take him to notice.
It's a better life than the one I took with me has, currently whitening each day on the back patio. This one won't get moved again.
PXL_20230617_123645449.jpg

Purging some of the garage shit tomorrow. Some of the cut off antlers cost me a ton of money (for me) - a NM and WY bull. A few others ridiculous work - rifle & archery bulls from the gallatin that beat me down. I don’t have room and they aren’t going in my house, so $17/lb sounds okay..
View attachment 216527
Damn, wish I had brought some green cans over and heard a couple stories before those hit the dog chew market!

Solely for the purpose of this discussion here is a current sale of a guys lifetime of hunting memories/taxidermy. Lions tigers and bears oh my. And rhinos etc.

If in need of a standing baboon holding a cocktail tray, give it a laugh look.

IMG_0991.jpeg
IMG_0990.jpeg

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/AuctionsByCompany.asp?ahid=12032

As I euro everything, an easy afternoon with a saw will provide my family with a lifetime supply of dog antler chews after I am gone.

Last edited:
I tried to convince my taxidermist that the business to be in would be to create mounts that have the ability to switch out horns out on.
Take your new horns, drill them, pin them, pop the old ones off and pop the new ones on the "Interchangeable mount".
He told me I was crazy, but I am telling you I would love to have a mount that I could just pop my new horns on in a few seconds....

Next mount I see for sale online I am going to buy it and try it. Why not?

I got some good horns lying around that I would like to mount but I am too cheap to mount them.
Mallardsx2 - You can actually do this. My taxidermist makes removable antlers in order to get them through the door. These could be switched out to whatever set you want to look at that day!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back