Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What gloves do you wear?

mdunc8

I'm going to head out and buy a new pair of gloves/mittens this week and was wondering what everyone else uses. I've seen Randy wearing mittens in a couple episodes. Any suggestions? I have a good pair of light weight gloves, but nothing that's worth a #%@ in cold, wet conditions.

Choppers are where it's at. Can fill them with handwarmers and drop them real fast. When you drop them you have warm fingers ready to pull the trigger.

Anyone who grew up in the upper Midwest had choppers. I don't do gloves when it is cold. Too much constriction on the blood flow to your fingers. Better off to walk around with your hands in your pockets.

Growing up in northern MN, spending lots of time ice fishing and beaver trapping, I quickly learned what worked and what didn't work.

Funny part is that many guys seem to make fun of my choppers, or baking mitts as some call them, but when the hunting day is done I am always looking for my extra choppers that I loaned them.

Just make sure you get many sets of the rag wool liners. Change them out every day.

Here is a good place to buy them. Click here.

just good ol cow hide gloves--I bring 3-4pr and change them out if they get wet---if it gets real cold I have some mittens(100% waterproof w/liners) I bought at REI--chris

Fin-

Thanks for the link, that is awesome. I wish I had seen this thread 3 weeks ago, I would have sent them my whitetail hide and had gloves/mits made. Next year!

I will admit my younger son said while watching the DVd "What is Randy cooking with those gloves?":D
As Randy knows I can't make fun because I seem to lose at least 1 pair per 5 days out:eek:

I use some walmart cheap camo specials that Lawnboy swore by. Maybe he recommended them because he figured he was going to loose them in a few days.

Federal Ammo called and asked my opinion about warm gloves. Seems that they got Brock Lesnar wearing a pair of choppers in his mule deer hunt in Alberta last month. He is another good ol' square head from the motherland, so he knows how to keep his hands warm. ;)

Really, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ENyy8kbXg

I wore a pair of these this year:
http://www.manzella.com/index.php/products/detail/mzf_053

My hands are almost impossible to keep warm, but these gloves did it. They worked by themselves down to five or ten degrees, and with handwarmers I'd imagine they'd go as cold as you'd want to be out. I bet most people couldn't wear them in anything higher than ten degrees before they'd overheat in them.

Brock Lesnar wearing cooking mitts?:D He's going to catch flak for that.

Randy11 I got a pair this year similar to those you posted (same brand diff. style) and had good luck this year with them as well. The gore tex liner is a life saver.

Sweetnectar sorry you're on to me.:D

Here's an endorsement I ran across.

"Choppers are perfect for those frigid days when your out in the woods with your trusty Red Ryder."

-Ralphie Parker

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back