Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What do you do in the off season?

Geese, Wolves/Coyotes, Sheds, Turkeys, Bears, Summer Scouting/Trail Cameras, Archery Season, Rifle Season, Roosters.. Repeat.

Family, kid sports, lots of work in construction/farming, and training/hunting with hounds. Squirrel and coons are good training game in the off season.

Right now I'm building a bike for my daughter (xs400 based street tracker), trying to keep the "old grey mare's" (my '03 f250) body up to snuff and begging the Mrs to let me have a go at some mods to her Jeep, so far, she has rebuffed me strongly so she gets the nick name "Stone Stock Nubb".

Yea, but yall got to many dang snakes!

Really? I mean they are only snakes right....this tiger snake got his head caught under the wheels of my toyota on the way up the bush hunting sambar...its NEVER a good sign running over snakes on the way up to remote bush, you always think if they are out and about i better be extra careful. One bight from this top 10 deadliest snake in the world and its time to write out that will...pretty quickly...doesnt stop us from going hunting though..

The "off-season" is my favorite time to hunt big game. I'm a full time taxidermist so closing shop during hunting season always makes it tough to do. But now I can go to Hawaii ( Mar 4-17 ) and hunt deer every day and not think about work.
Also I will be hunting in NZ the last 2 weeks of May.

Attachments

• 20120731_101433.jpg
    20120731_101433.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear