Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What do you do for a living?

I'm a physician assistant in Same Day Care and Family medicine. Used to be a chiropractor. Get hurt out her near town hunting and come to the hospital and you'll get to meet me, lol.

I hit the jackpot years ago. Fell in love and married a sweet young girl who had dreams of being an actress. 18 years later she spends 5 months a year starring on a network TV show and I hold down the fort in Montana raising out 2 kids.

I hit the jackpot years ago. Fell in love and married a sweet young girl who had dreams of being an actress. 18 years later she spends 5 months a year starring on a network TV show and I hold down the fort in Montana raising out 2 kids.

OK, I'll go ahead and ask. Can you say who or what TV show? Another celebrity besides Randy. Cool!

BS in Fisheries and Wildlife Biology, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine trying to keep E. coli at bay in a guvmint food safety job.

BS in Wildlife Mgt from Oregon State, retired USPS, now Forest Protection Officer for US Forest Svc. I drive around the woods all day and talk to people, and write violation notices when I gotta.

Last edited:
Paramedic on a ground ambulance and SWAT team. Part time Police Officer in a small rural town. I am reading books to gain Critical Care Paramedic certification while waiting for an opportunity to become a Flight Paramedic on a helicopter. The county I live in, there are a few Deputies trying to convince me that I should come work with them at the Sheriffs office.

Wow! There's quite the diversity of occupations with the posters here, real and imagined. I'm pretty sure we have just about enough knowledge of most things here to run the country...

Shouldn't the person asking the question answer first? ;)
Not necessarily... ;) I'm an .gov ecologist that works with soil survey. My main task is to determine/describe the vegetation for a given set of abiotic conditions that existed prior to European settlement.

However, I'm really, really trying to talk my wife into allowing me to get back to the "stone age"... :D So far I've not be successful.

US Navy Senior Chief, currently working as the Quality Assurance Supervisor for a F-18 squadron

Not necessarily... ;) I'm an .gov ecologist that works with soil survey. My main task is to determine/describe the vegetation for a given set of abiotic conditions that existed prior to European settlement.

However, I'm really, really trying to talk my wife into allowing me to get back to the "stone age"... :D So far I've not be successful.

I think that is pretty cool. I've hiked all over the Owhyee Desert down around the ION and used to think it probably always looked that way since the Holocene. Then I read that the 45 ranch had 5,000!!!! horses running that country and hundreds of thousands of sheep back in the 1800s. I knew then that there is no way the country could possibly look the same today. It made me wonder what the baseline really was and the species and quantities of wildlife that it once supported. I have the same questions about the valley I live in now in Colorado which, I suspect, had some awesome Ponderosa Pine forests before the rail roads, mines and ranches came in. I don't think the institutional memory of long time residents (rancher families) and the rather late invention of the photograph are much help. Folks like you probably have a more realistic understanding of what was.

“One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds. Much of the damage inflicted on land is quite invisible to laymen. An ecologist must either harden his shell and make believe that the consequences of science are none of his business, or he must be the doctor who sees the marks of death in a community that believes itself well and does not want to be told otherwise.”

― Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

RV park, campground, motel owner, attorney, environmental enforcement officer, library assistant, hunting guide, packer, wrangler, auto parts sales, carpentry, security guard, reserve police, bouncer, lawn maintenance, bar tender, USMC Recon Team Leader, S.C.U.B.A., Combat Engineer, welder, ice cream sales, carpentry/framing, housekeeper, dish washer, bus boy, ranch hand, field laborer, etc.

Electrical Engineer for General Electric. I work on motor control systems for locomotives and mining vehicles. I spend my days buried in legacy C code.

Started as a Chemist and transitioned into software. Currently starting up a software service company after 9 years in the corporate world.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back