Leupold Banner

What coat/jacket/sweater do I want?

neffa3

Sounds like a great piece of kit, but not exactly a NEED for me right meow. If it’s too cold for my core heavyweight hoody and a mtn vest, then I’m in the territory of a puffy and a soft shell. I just run hot.

Does suck that you didn’t get it until after your hunt. You’ll get plenty of chances to push it.
I think a really good softshell is next on my list. It was the first "nice" jacket I ever bought, Sitka 90% jacket, and I wore it a bunch on this trip. But they really should have named it the Not-Quite jacket. It's not quite warm, not quite rain resistant, not quite wind resistant, not quite quiet...

BackofBeyond

I think a really good softshell is next on my list. It was the first "nice" jacket I ever bought, Sitka 90% jacket, and I wore it a bunch on this trip. But they really should have named it the Not-Quite jacket. It's not quite warm, not quite rain resistant, not quite wind resistant, not quite quiet...
Well it is only 90%… go ahead treat yo’ self. Buy a 100% jacket.

wllm

I have a Sitka down pour from like 10 years ago that I keep for this use case, face fabric is super quiet but it’s a rain jacket. Decently warm with a mid layer, I use a synthetic puffy, great “shooter cut” which makes it easy to put on a puffy on over it.

Downsides no pit zips, and it takes forever to dry out after serious rain… oh and it’s like 10 years old.

Not sure what the new one is like but something to check out.

LuketheDog

I need some help finding something that fits what I'm looking for. I want an outwear layer, than I can wear when it's chilly, say 30-40's while lightly moving, that I can archery hunt in (stalk in). It's needs to be silent, have a good, trim fit (so I can put a puffy over it), slightly wind and rain resistant, enough warmth that I can hold still for an hour waiting on a critter without needing to put on more layers. I've never found this coat, I don't know if it exists, but I have to think it does and that everyone but me probably already has it.

Also, I run cold, real cold- like lizard cold.

I have this coat, it's called the Sitka Timberline, discontinued of course. I'm considering selling it...

sitka-gear-timberline-jacket

LuketheDog

I've had it 4-5 years. The windstopper is nice, the jacket itself is thin but somehow still too warm for me to hike in unless it's really cold out and it doesn't have underarm vents. I did just wear it 9 days straight in AK though and it worked well for that, high 40's/low 50s every day, it fits under my puffy coat and rain jacket well. The other guys both had Sitka Jetstream jackets, it's definitely not as bulky (or as warm either probably) as those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curhunter