Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What boning knife do you use?

6'' victorinox boning knife, I can do a whole red stag with one and a quick go with a bone handled steel I got from my dad over 60 years ago

Victorinox for me, I can normally get 5-8 deer off one sharpening. I do use a honing steel in between to keep the edge before i have to sharpen it again.

I use a Cutco 6" boning knife, big fan of their products and lifetime guarantee.
Have found the Fillet knives like Rapala too flimsy and flexible for anything beyond fish.

2nd both of those, but I generally stick with the Victorinox.
I'll be. Never eard of Victorinox so looked them up. Second photo is the set my son got me for Christmas some years ago. Kind of like them but so many knife's laying around the kitchen now, I never use them. Back in the early 1960's my grandfather told me; if I wasn't real careful I'd learn something new every day. He was right!

Forschner is okd favorite. Also picked up some Cold steel brand for decent price. They are pretty sharp and easy to put an edge back on.

I’ve used a few and must strongly recommend the Victorinox. It’s hard to believe something so cheap can be so good.

Forschner is usually, if not always, rebranded Victorinox.

Calphalon that came with the knife set. After about 6 years, finally put it to a stone.

Got a Japanese Damascus knife for Christmas and am looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back