What boning knife do you use?

Jc2020

Curious what boning knife others are using I’ve got a couple that are not that great and don’t hold an edge very long at all looking to purchase something decent so any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

I use a king fisher that Gene Ingram built for me. That said a six inch curved vicky will bone out anything that had four legs and heart beat. Just keep a good steel handy, you will need it

Last edited:
Filet knife is good. Theres a guy on a state hunting forum who occasionally has poultry plant resharps and they are the absolute best boning knives ever since they're so cheap, easily sharpened, and the handles are grippy.

I’ll give the rapala a shot those are cheap and readily available at the stores near me thanks

I have an old dexter stiff blade and a cheap semi stiff 6”curved from Amazon. Tend to use the semi stiff more and more recently.

I bought the Benchmade Meatcrafter when it was on sale this year. I carved up a 2 turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas and was super happy. Can't wait for next season! Super sharp with flexibility and rigidness.

I use forschner knives on all the fish we catch and also for boning out a deer. The scales on an red snapper are like cutting through concrete. As far as I'm concerned they really hold an edge. Make sure to sharpen them well with an electric sharpener. I bring a whole set of them from a 10" & 12" Cimeters to a few curved blade ones. Forschners are the best value.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back