Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you currently reading?

Reading this one. Really enjoying it. Very readable.

View attachment 318560

Link here
Haven’t read this book, but I can tell you that I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. Was a baptized catholic member. I served a 2-year mission and I’m grateful I did.

My personal relationship with Jesus Christ flourished by serving others and reading from both the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible -2 books that I personally believe to be true and a testament of Jesus Christ.

My big takeaway that I’ve learned by serving a mission was:

1)We’re all children of God and he LOVES all His children.

2) Everyone has their own spiritual journey to experience in life and to respect others beliefs in whatever stage of their journey there at. I think of CS Lewis being very agnostic and then about Christian later on.

3) Hospitals are built for sick people, just the same as churches are built for sinners. We all fall short of being perfection and hence, why having Jesus Christ in our life is important to bettering ourselves. I am so far from where I want to be in life as a person, and make countless mistakes daily, but continue to try to improve. That is what God asks of us. Not perfection, but to try to be better. We’re all sinners and all need the atonement of Christ.

I apologize if anyone sees this as a rant, but is not intended on being. If Micah Wilder felt that his journey of taking him away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was important for him on his journey, that is his free agency to choose that.

However, for me, I feel grateful where I’m at and hope others find more of the light of Christ. In my opinion, it’s the only true source of lasting happiness in life.

If you get an opportunity to chat with a missionary, take the opportunity. I promise you’ll walk away feeling a little more spiritually lifted. And remember, it’s someone’s son or daughter away from their friends and family, serving on their own financial expense for 2-years trying to make a positive difference in their lives and the lives of the people they serve.

God bless.

Last edited:
Currently reading HUSH of the LAND, a book about the life of Smoke Elser who was an outfitter out of Missoula, a teacher of packing, and most importantly an advocate for Bob Marshall Wilderness and other wild lands. The focus is on the history and importance of Bob Marshall Wilderness as expressed through Smoke's interesting stories and perspective, but for those in the Bitterroot, he also tells stories of outfitting in that area.

Appears there to be 5-6 books in the series Ken, I've read the first two now. Basis is a US Marshal catching evil doers in Alaska, evidently the author (Marc Cameron) is ex-US Marshal's Service so stories seem to flow believable enough.
Just started Open Carry on Audible. Read by David Chandler, who also reads the Joe Pickett series.

Good writing, interesting story.

Started this series, and pretty good so far; real life Ian Fleming, and the W.01, W.02 designation, currently pre-SAS.

1710627946474.png

Haven’t read this book, but I can tell you that I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. Was a baptized catholic member. I served a 2-year mission and I’m grateful I did.

My personal relationship with Jesus Christ flourished by serving others and reading from both the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible -2 books that I personally believe to be true and a testament of Jesus Christ.

My big takeaway that I’ve learned by serving a mission was:

1)We’re all children of God and he LOVES all His children.

2) Everyone has their own spiritual journey to experience in life and to respect others beliefs in whatever stage of their journey there at. I think of CS Lewis being very agnostic and then about Christian later on.

3) Hospitals are built for sick people, just the same as churches are built for sinners. We all fall short of being perfection and hence, why having Jesus Christ in our life is important to bettering ourselves. I am so far from where I want to be in life as a person, and make countless mistakes daily, but continue to try to improve. That is what God asks of us. Not perfection, but to try to be better. We’re all sinners and all need the atonement of Christ.

I apologize if anyone sees this as a rant, but is not intended on being. If Micah Wilder felt that his journey of taking him away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was important for him on his journey, that is his free agency to choose that.

However, for me, I feel grateful where I’m at and hope others find more of the light of Christ. In my opinion, it’s the only true source of lasting happiness in life.

If you get an opportunity to chat with a missionary, take the opportunity. I promise you’ll walk away feeling a little more spiritually lifted. And remember, it’s someone’s son or daughter away from their friends and family, serving on their own financial expense for 2-years trying to make a positive difference in their lives and the lives of the people they serve.

God bless.
You know, I was open to discuss scripture (7 Semesters of Greek; mostly in Classical, but some in Koine, and reading the New Testament in Greek). But when they offered to sell it to me, when they were just walking around, and I was painting high trim on a 22' ladder for a living, I declined.

Seemed a little odd. Not a total dis on Mormons, yet they are very rich, and have to sell their books to poor college students? A bit off.

You know, I was open to discuss scripture (7 Semesters of Greek; mostly in Classical, but some in Koine, and reading the New Testament in Greek). But when they offered to sell it to me, when they were just walking around, and I was painting high trim on a 22' ladder for a living, I declined.

Seemed a little odd. Not a total dis on Mormons, yet they are very rich, and have to sell their books to poor college students? A bit off.
What books were being sold? Missionaries don’t sell items. Genuinely curious.

I have a thing about finding obscure, little-known battles to read about. Anyone can be an expert on Gettysburg or Normandy or Waterloo; how much do you know about the Falklands or the China-Burma-India theater?

So now I’m reading this, and it’s really good:

1711051155165.jpeg

Back