What are you currently reading?

1665428544454.png
Not great. I wanted it to be great. It was not. In the end, it really made me dislike Bass quite a bit as a pet owner and apparent idiot. The only thing he managed to get right is loving his dogs and hunting a lot. And even the former he allows to get in the way of basic discipline. Then his negligence leads to 1 dogs death, and almost two others.

Reading this now. It was written in 1996, and the author discusses parallels between Israel’s overconfidence after the Six-Day War and the U.S. military’s overconfidence after the 1991 Gulf War. Israel, of course, suffered a near-catastrophe in the 1973 Yom Kippur war. The author, unbeknownst to him, foreshadows the problems of the 2003 Iraq War. If only Donald Rumsfeld had read his own Army’s book …

image.jpg

Currently in the middle of
1666720221474.png
Can't say it's my favorite poetry. Too military for me to connect with. But still not bad either.

I was re-reading parts of Donnie Brasco last night. Author is Joseph Pistone. It's the story of an FBI agent who was undercover in the Mafia for 6 years. Well worth reading!

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back