What are you currently reading?

I've moved on to Carr's True Believer...think it's gonna be a good one. No spoilers...
I am considering this series for my two elk hunts this fall. Need something engrossing to pass the time and burn batteries on those insomnia nights.
Last year it was Harrison’s Dalva, which will be difficult to beat.

I just started "Artist in Treason" by Andro Tinklater.
I'm a Early American History Addict
Reads a lot like Alan Echerts books.

Attachments

• 16600055635905411877647650966303.jpg
    16600055635905411877647650966303.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
A couple books into the Joe Pickett series based on recommendations from here. Enjoyable. I cringe at some of the suspect statements (750yd range of 357 mag pistol, etc) and some other unrealistic scenarios, but it’s engaging fiction and definitely worth the time. I give it 7/10 so far.

A couple books into the Joe Pickett series based on recommendations from here. Enjoyable. I cringe at some of the suspect statements (750yd range of 357 mag pistol, etc) and some other unrealistic scenarios, but it’s engaging fiction and definitely worth the time. I give it 7/10 so far.
I’m with you. I’ve enjoyed the Joe Pickett series. There are some questionable things that I don’t understand how a native of Wyoming would mess up. I have to assume some things get messed up by the editors. One of my biggest pet peeves is when he says that they “shift the transmission into four wheel drive.” I know it’s small and isn’t enough for me to stop reading. Now that I’ve pointed it out, you will notice that one.

I’m with you. I’ve enjoyed the Joe Pickett series. There are some questionable things that I don’t understand how a native of Wyoming would mess up. I have to assume some things get messed up by the editors. One of my biggest pet peeves is when he says that they “shift the transmission into four wheel drive.” I know it’s small and isn’t enough for me to stop reading. Now that I’ve pointed it out, you will notice that one.
They've pretty much worn out the pickup truck destruction literary device. As well as Joe's ineptness with firearms...I mean someone is trying to wipe out he and his family almost every installment.

..but I'll buy the next one.

812yOJCx+CL.jpg

Recently finished
-Sometimes a Great Notion - Ken Kesey (for like the 5th time, damn it's a good book).
-A Good Day to Die - Jim Harrison (@Hem ), not his best work.

Next up:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Very good, but not nearly as good as Sometimes a Great Notion. Both have characters of indominable will. And in this case the two lead characters both lose, similar to SGN. Some of it was not all that believable but the main storyline was engaging.

Next up: The Road Home - Jim Harrison
1660931319490.png
I didn't realize but this is a continuation (of sorts) on Dalva.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back