Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What are you currently reading?

This is great book about Southern Montana & Northern Wyoming ( Absaraka) from 1840's for 4 eras. Includes Native Americans , to pioneers heading West & the horse running through the entire book from running wild on plains to competing on racetrack. Truly a great read !

Attachments

• 20200122_202344[2894].jpg
    20200122_202344[2894].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
The Wilderness Warrior by Douglas Brinkley, great book on T.R. Great if you like history and conservation and written in an entertaining manner. I'd recommend it

Rereading Clan of the Cave bear series. Skipped the first. Next three Mammoth Hunters, Plains of Passage and Shelters of Stone are excellent. The last Pretty caves? is a skip.

Currently reading "Blood and Thunder" by Hampton Sides. It's ok, not a fan of how each chapter jumps forward and backward through time, characters and plots.

Rereading Clan of the Cave bear series. Skipped the first. Next three Mammoth Hunters, Plains of Passage and Shelters of Stone are excellent. The last Pretty caves? is a skip.
My mom and wife rave about those, but apparently the first is also really good.

but apparently the first is also really good.

Should probably go back and read The Cave of the Clan Bear. I has been at least 20 years since I have. I reread the others yearly.
Probable much better than my old mind remembers.

I am a touch of a book nerd.... So I have a few books I am reading through "Mere Christianity"- CS Lewis, "The Silmarillion" Tolkien, "The Explicit Gospel"- Matt Chandler and "Future Men: Raising Boys to fight Giants"- Douglas Wilson

I’m about half way through “That dark and bloody river” by Alan Eckert pretty good read about the settlement of the Ohio River Valley

Finally tracked down a copy of "Future Eaters".

I've been keeping an eye out for a long time for a copy of this, it's a frank look into the role future eaters i.e. humans have had in altering and destroying animals and landscapes, focussing on Australia. Flannery caught some crap over this when he wrote it in the 1990s but in recent times more and more research into our country is pretty much leaving humans as the key factor as to why we don't have many of our great animals anymore.

20200217_121928.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back