What are you currently reading?

The Theory and Practice of Rivers by Jim Harrison

This thread reminded me, I need to get a book shipped to Minnesota Hunter.

Decided to read something a little lighter - "If You Didn't Bring Jerky, What Did I Just Eat: Misadventures in Hunting, Fishing, and the Wilds of Suburbia" by Bill Heavey
My mom got me that one a few Christmases back. It was a classic in my opinion.

The Theory and Practice of Rivers by Jim Harrison

This thread reminded me, I need to get a book shipped to Minnesota Hunter.

You're the man! I have been Rationing my current Gilchrist book. I have On Caribou Hunting, but I need to get through this current adventure, before I start dreaming about the next....

Although I've seen it a dozen times, just remembered I need to watch Proenneke's Alone in the Wilderness again.....recommend reading his One Man's Wilderness by Sam Keith from Mr. Proenneke's journals. Gentleman was amazing.

The River Why.

Been working on it for a while. I've picked it up and lose interest and move on to something else.

Kind of hunting related, and written by someone who hunts. Red platoon, Clinton Romesha MOH.

Just finished Sand County Almanac and am starting on a Louis L’Amour book, not sure which one, since I got almost all of his work on my Kindle. Pretty sure it’s a Western 😁

Books I’ve read in the last month or so and the one I’m currently reading:

About of a turn of the century surveyor and forester in MT.

887606BC-64DE-4664-B343-7332882442E1.jpeg

A book of Poems by Bruce Orcutt of Miles City.

F1072CF8-D716-487F-AF4C-4212388B71E9.jpeg

My kids and I are reading this.

BFD099FB-803F-42EC-ADF6-88FD6211F204.jpeg

I’m generally not an Abbey fan, but a cut-out of his obituary from the August 1989 Utne Reader hidden in the pages was a selling point at the local used bookstore.
1FFFFF39-700C-46D7-AB4B-75B5550FF179.jpeg975D6334-AE68-4471-8657-7AE9DBF12726.jpeg

Attachments

• C9FA5D60-A3A7-41D8-ABF2-A806431AE081.jpeg
    C9FA5D60-A3A7-41D8-ABF2-A806431AE081.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Just finished Sand County Almanac and am starting on a Louis L’Amour book, not sure which one, since I got almost all of his work on my Kindle. Pretty sure it’s a Western 😁
try - the walking drum.
one of his best

Normandy, by James Holland. It's a short read 648 pages😳 and I've just started it!

Runes of the North by Sigurd F. Olson, bought it to take with me on a fly-in fishing trip to Canada last week and ended up not having much time to read so I'm reading it now, and also Path of the Puma by Jim Williams, heard about it on a meateater podcast and its been very good so far

Just finished “The secret hope of the confederacy” it’s about the H.L Hunley. Also just read The Daybreakers, by louis lamoure. Westerns and history are my favorite

Last edited by a moderator:
Finishing Wendell Berry, The Unsettling of America. Just ordered:
elk-large-01_compact_cropped.png
North American Elk: Ecology and Management

Just finished the Audible version of the first book in the 299 days series by Glen Tate called "Preparation", and just started the second in the series, "Collapse."

Some have commented that it's poorly written due to the style of prose being rather simple and not at all elegant, but I'm enjoying it. I believe the author is simply using a writing style that explains how a collapse could unfold, while do it in accessible english that everyone can understand and more importantly use as a foundation to prepare as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back