What are you currently reading?

How can we forget the Patrick McManus books? If you want light and funny, he is your guy. I read the Bill Heavey book and didn't even crack a smile. McManus had me laughing out loud many times....but realize everyone has their own sense of humor.

The Last Stand by Michael Punke is a good read (nonfiction about Yellowstone, Buffalo, George Bird Grinnell and Indians).

My latest - "Gunsmithing Modern Firearms" by Bryce Towsley. "A gun guy's guide to making good guns even better." (found at brycetowsley.com)

Bryce is my favorite writer in American Hunter magazine. He authored the Number 1 selling hunting books about the Benoit family from Vermont. I even met him once! Whether you're looking to do advanced cleaning, cutting off a barrel, bulding your own rifle (bolt or AR), etc, then you'll love this book. I've even gotten ideas for new "must have" gun stuff - Lyman Bore Scope that won't break your wallet. If you're a gun guy, then I think you'll really enjoy this read, plus his humor has had me laughing a lot of times....

Most recent book purchase.

It gave Indian Creek Chronicles a run for its money. If interested in reading this one I would recommend reading Indian Creek first. Cabin Creek book sounds good, I'll have to check it out.
Ordered. I stumbled into Indian Creek Chronicles many years ago and it was great.

I am a sicko reader (got it from my father) in that I typically have 2 books going at a time plus an audiobook for when I run out of driving/flying podcasts.

Right now, it’s fishing season, so I’m rereading all of John Gierach’s catalog (for the umpteenth time in some cases) - wrapped up 2 of them camping this weekend and on ‘The View From Rat Lake’ now. If you flyfish you should read Gierach.

Father in law left me a hard copy of ‘Path Between the Seas’ (David McCullough) after we went to Panama 2 years ago and it is my nightstand book at home (where I rarely am present). Fascinating but slow going. I converted to ebooks under some duress 6-7 years ago, but still have 5 bulging bookshelves around the house.

Audiobook right now is American Serengeti (Dan Flores) - my 10yo son in particular is hooked on it (5.5 hours yesterday driving back from the River and I had to pause it a bunch to answer questions)

How can we forget the Patrick McManus books? If you want light and funny, he is your guy. I read the Bill Heavey book and didn't even crack a smile. McManus had me laughing out loud many times....but realize everyone has their own sense of humor.

The Last Stand by Michael Punke is a good read (nonfiction about Yellowstone, Buffalo, George Bird Grinnell and Indians).
Patrick McManus was my last book. I forget the title but it had some of his stuff that had never been published before. It was funny but not one of his best.

I'm a lover of craft beer and it's artisan nature, but damn it, I'm still a capitalist. Love the juxtaposition.

Barrel-Aged_for catalog image.jpg

Alone at Dawn. Story of Medal of Honor recipient John Chapman (posthumously). He was a Combat Controller (CCT) in Afghanistan. I had never heard of CCT. Amazing individuals !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back