What animal is this?

Dougfirtree

Picked up a camera the other day and had quite a diverse group of animals represented. Of course, this one couldn't get its face in the shot... What do you think? I'm leaning towards fisher, but would love some more opinions.MFDC0978.JPG

Ears look pretty wide for fisher could be angle a closeness to camera.
but that would be my guess also ( fisher)

I’d say young bear, though the ears are a bit less rounded than young ones I’ve got on my cams.
Any tracks?
No, the pic was from 1.5 weeks before I grabbed the camera and most of the snow melted. It does look a bit bearish, though I would have thought they'd be in a den in mid-March.

Its hard to tell the height of the camera for scale but I would lean toward fisher unless the camera was a couple or three feet off the ground and then I would say bear.

Its hard to tell the height of the camera for scale but I would lean toward fisher unless the camera was a couple or three feet off the ground and then I would say bear.
Here's a deer passing right in front of the same camera. Hard to tell. If it's a fisher, it must be on the tree with the camera and peering around in front of it. I guess this is why I should have set it to take video... :ROFLMAO: MFDC0922.JPG

Back