Wetfire?

6speed

Is this stuff as good as they say? Is it that much better than cotton and Vaseline?

I really didn't pack much of anything up until this fall. I bought a pack of Wet Fire and used it a couple times. Seemed to work really well, but I didn't have anything to compare it to. My back up is usually a little white gas out of my stove. :D

There was a review on another forum by one of its members and the vaseline/cotton ball certainly held up against the other pre packaged stuff. But the wetfire stuff does work.

I'm looking for convenience. I lost my last film container full of cotton balls and I can't find another suitable container to replace it that I already have so I figured I might give this stuff a try. Either that or buy a roll of film for the container and pull out the 35mm.

I have been using cotton/vaseline for years and just fold it up in aluminum foil. Although I usually just toss them in my pack you could vacuum pack them.

I'm always worried about them melting and making a mess. this time of year its not an issue but when antelope bow season opens I know there would be one loose in my pack somewhere that would melt and ruin something if it wasn't in a container.

I'm looking for convenience. I lost my last film container full of cotton balls and I can't find another suitable container to replace it that I already have so I figured I might give this stuff a try. Either that or buy a roll of film for the container and pull out the 35mm.[/QUOTE

Just go to the pharmacy and ask for a pill bottle or steal one from a meth head who stole it first lol.. another awesome firestarter especially at camp is sawdust soaked in diesel it burns long enough to light even the wettest wood. we have a 5 gallon bucket and mix with 1 gallon of diesel one coffee cup full per camp fire. I carry a pillbottle of it as well in my pack plus the cotton ball setup

Back