MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

western Montana Bears

Claycrusher

Whats the general feeling of bear movement picking up in the next week.
Was going to take my son out for a hunt but the weather doesn't seem to want to break to get things happening.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Mark

Can't speak for montana but atleast where I'm at in idaho things are startin to heat up

Saw a sow with 2 little cubs on one side of a valley and a good boar on the other side Saturday. I was surprised to see them, had seen very little sign. Was south east of missoula a ways.

That's what I have been hearing / reading was lack of sign everywhere.
Still cold rain / snow, just not good.

Hate to spend all the windshield time and fuel when the odds are really stacked against you.

Bears have been out for quite a while now, doing bear things. No reason at all to wait for different conditions.

I've been out three evenings so far and seen one bear on the 24th. I'm hunting in region 1.

I was out last week for 3 days and we only sighted one bear. We did see lots of sign but I have had trouble spotting them up. What are you guys keying in on for feeding grounds? Steep south facing slopes with nice greenery is what I was thinking but it seemed like we found lots of rooting activity (on any soft slope), digging ect. I thought freshly logged stuff might be good but didn't see any in that either.

I've seen two in the past three days.

Unfortunately they were small but they seem to be out and about now for sure.

Back